KevinP

WHOOHOO!! NO SPINNING!! LVL 1 (&2) complete

Got to the DZ at 7:30, checked in, stretched (and stretched and stretched), was told I had about a half-hour, met my instructors, geared up and off we went!! Here is the result:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-QssF1JRXU

Did Level 2 (no video) and it was pretty much awesome. AFF-I was giving me the "straighten legs more" sign. Turns were really good. AND, I landed in the grass that time!

And for the record, while I thoroughly enjoy skydiving, I'm not a fan of the ride up. Sorry, pilots. But, until someone invents a giant slingshot, I'll deal with it. :)

WHOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!! I LOVE this stuff!
Sincerely,
Kevin

Yeah, I forgot to get the dive flow from the instructor before I left. I have no idea what's coming up. I guess I can't really practice air movement, but at least I could get it in my head. :)

Good luck!! When are you going back up? I didn't realize that skydiving is so tiring (or I'm terribly out of shape). I was worn out after two, so there was no way I was going to shoot for number three. I'll go back in a couple of weeks and get it on.
Sincerely,
Kevin

I didn't realize that skydiving is so tiring (or I'm terribly out of shape). I was worn out after two, .

Ha ha, that's the way it can be. Students may love it when the DZ isn't too busy and there are enough instructors to get them into the air a lot.

But especially early on, with all the tension and excitement of the jumps, plus briefings and debriefings, and maybe some stressful waiting around too, students can get wiped from just a couple jumps in a day!

Nicely done, you rock.

James

Perhaps. I credit the instructors too. All three of them, Jay and Tom from the first attempt and Jared and Tom on this one. Matter of fact, I have to throw Sammy, who did the FJC, in there too. Heck, even the riggers in the pack room. EVERYONE at SD AZ was really supportive and positive, and calmly, but assertively, telling me what to focus on to prevent a repeat.

I am totally cool with taking ownership of that other jump. I simply didn't do what I was trained to do. Dunno why, but that's what went down.

Anyway, that's air across the prop. Now to focus on getting 3 through 7 done!
Sincerely,
Kevin

Thanks!

I'm not sure when I am going to go back up. The last time I did a jump, I landed on my right foot and sprained it badly. I'm still hobbling around, so it might be a few weeks before I jump again.

I do plan on doing some tunnel time soon though.

And yes, when you first start out, esp for me, it was very overwhelming and tiring. I usually only did about 1 dive a day. Doing 2 dives would have wiped me out physically and mentally.

It takes a lot out of you.

That was just the first link I could find. There was a half hour long show about it. It was great. They spent 50 years and 100 bazillion dollars engineering a set up. They give it a test with weights and the whole thing falls apart. The redesign it overnight and then put a human in it. Fortunately, it worked.
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

I'm jumping at Skydive Arizona in Eloy. GREAT group of people, from the instructors to the school staff to the packers. Well, pretty much everyone I have come into contact with. Plus, I like the surrounding area. Yes, there is a specific, nice grassy DZ, but there are like 100 square miles of off sites. And with me batting a .333 on hitting that grass, I need it. :D

Sincerely,
Kevin