Driver1

Blue Skies Magazine Sponsoring a Skyride Boogie?

Your still prick ron.

Your argument had you talking out of both sides of your mouth.... When that was pointed out you started the name calling. :S

Again, don't blame anyone but yourself for your anger and inability to maintain a intelligible point.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

So... I renewed a subscription about 6 weeks earlier in this thread. So far I have no magazine and no answer to my query about 2 weeks ago asking why I have no magazine...

I know you're busy running marathons and being edgy but I'd either like to have a refund or a magazine or at least a response indicating when I might actually expect a publication, honestly.

Bringing this to the public this time because this is the second time I've bought a subscription and then had to make an effort to get what I paid for beyond simply paying for it....
Owned by Remi #?

So... I renewed a subscription about 6 weeks earlier in this thread. So far I have no magazine and no answer to my query about 2 weeks ago asking why I have no magazine...

I had the same problem. Some spamfilter was eating up my emails. I resolved this by messaging Kolla on Facebook, and posting a message in the Blue Skies Magazine Facebook group (I did both), and my subscription address mistake was promptly corrected & I got sent some issues retroactively.

P.S. I do definitely dislike Skyride, but much ado about nothing in this case -- I agree with a lot of billyvon's posts on this subject matter.

I know you're busy running marathons and being edgy but I'd either like to have a refund or a magazine or at least a response indicating when I might actually expect a publication, honestly.

There was also that little thing called PIA last week that the Blue Skies team was covering that might have kept them a little busy.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

BSM has my full support on this.

WOW the same whiners posting the same whiner crap year after year, the closest most of you people come to actually skydiving is through this outlet and some magazine.,,, So I wouldnt cancel my subsciption lest you loose your status in the skydiving community,,
By the way we in Waverly dont want your whiner asses at the boogie anyhow,, the vibe is good, stay where you are and keep whining.

Skydive more post less

TANDEMGUY
WAKE UP TANDEMGUY !THERES A DUI CHECKPOINT UP AHEAD

And the rest of the country is just as happy if you and your friends stay right where you are, with a crappy king air or sometimes with nothing to jump from... :P

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

And the rest of the country is just as happy if you and your friends stay right where you are, with a crappy king air or sometimes with nothing to jump from... :P

Last time I help you out with your tandem interviews!!
OH AND THANK THE LORD YOU PEOPLE ARE HERE TO BE THE CONSCIENCE OF THE COUNTRY, WHAT A BURDEN THAT MUST BE FOR YOU ALL!

Allthough in my travels through the country most people really dont give a shit, it just seems that here on DZ.COM they allow you people your soap box, well I guess you have to somehow make yourselves feel like part of the skydiving community somehow.

Meantime ill be out puttin smiles on folks faces throwin um from airplanes

WHINE ON! ILL CHECK BACK IN ANOTHER YEAR OR SO!
WAKE UP TANDEMGUY !THERES A DUI CHECKPOINT UP AHEAD

You're right and I will admit that what I said was snarky. I apologize for that, but I'm still a bit annoyed with the level of communication. Its not difficult to reply to an email even if you're preparing for or at PIA, and if you run a business and have so much going on that you can't correspond or deliver on a payment, it makes sense to be up front and suspend taking payments until you have time to make good.
Owned by Remi #?

Billy,

I'm sorry I may have missed this somewhere but can you be specific in NAMING a dz that didn't get paid? My local dz has taken them forever and has not had one problem.

Thanks

This is also directed at TAXIWAY:

Chicagoland Skydiving Center got stiffed $20,000 or thereabouts by Skyride, and Rook Nelson of Skydive Chicago has a "Down With Skyride" thread running on Facebook, or so I've been told. I don't have a FB account so I haven't seen it.

Skyride has been stiffing DZs for years. Not all of them though, but it does happen. If it can happen to Skydive Chicago, you bet your ass it can happen to yours. And if it does, I'm sure your tune will change.

EDITED FOR CORRECTION - it was Chicagoland, not Skydive Chicago, that got stiffed by Skyride. My mistake.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I forgot to mention that if Skyride does screw your DZ, don't worry. Jumpdude's Skyrideripoff sites will help re-direct tandem customers straight to your DZ, cutting out the middleman and his cut, and it won't cost you a damn cent. You can thank him then. :P

His sites are getting just as many hits as USPA's and Dropzone.com's getting, and that's a helluva lot! B|

Hey Kelly,

Sorry for the late reply - as Skymama pointed out there was that little thing called PIA last week, and somehow I always manage to pick up a sinus infection when I go. Fun stuff - so not exactly gotten a whole lot done in the past couple of days other than feeling sorry for myself!
Since we are so small, when I go down sick or am out of office, I unfortunately don't have anyone to cover for me (yet), so yeah - there will be a delay in response.

And definitely not running marathons - I'll leave that to people with a lot more love for running than I have ;)

Can you send me your last name, so that I can look up your subscription? E-mail is [email protected].
Phone is 386 259 0306 - and whilst I might sound a little funny, that is always a good way to get in touch between 9-5 (eastern) - texts and voicemails work too.
Be happy to refund, but would love to explore first why you aren't getting your magazines. In the winter especially we do at times have issue with mail delivery, but hopefully that is something that can be fixed quick and easy.

Appreciate your patience and understanding on this totally un-skyride-related matter.

Blue ones!
Kolla

Blue Skies Magazine

Being a startup there are going to be some problems and glitches. I subscribed before the first issue was published and had a hiccup or two with BSM - but the BSM gang seemed to put everything aside and made sure they sorted out the problems.

I don't think I'm unusual, different or special in this regard. I got the impression that keeping their customers happy is important to them.

I don't always like what I see in the magazine, but I give them huge props for getting it up, running and growing, providing an independent voice.

Keep the magazine going and continued best wishes from a satisfied customer.
"Even in a world where perfection is unattainable, there's still a difference between excellence and mediocrity." Gary73

But Nova, you ARE special (to us at least ;)).
Kelly, look forward to see hear from you tomorrow - we will get you sorted out :)

And everyone - seriously, if you have suggestions for content (or better yet - are willing to contribute), by all means get in touch. I don't expect everyone to like everything every time - but we can at least try to get content in there that interests our readers. So, speak up!

I know it can seem daunting to e-mail the editor, but we'd love to hear from you guys in some way.
Maybe we need a whole new "Wish-list for BSM content/articles/features" thread or something?? Or leave us a note on our Facebook page? Because, trust me, if you ask, you will most likely receive - as long as we can find the right person to cover the topic.
We really want Blue Skies Mag to be a community where people feel they can freely exchange opinions, ask questions, get information - and on occasion flash their boobies for more altitude. But it isn't going to happen without you - so pipe up and tell us what you want, what you like/don't like, what you want to see more/less etc etc.

And the feedback - we truly appreciate it, so keep it coming :)

Blue Skies Magazine

Chris, I´m sorry to inform you that yes, I´ll be the one attending.....

I hope you will be able come to terms with that before I show up knocking on your RV door, mouthing off and demanding a cold beverage for having made the long treck from Florida. Odds are I will also be bitching about the weather (too hot/too cold, too humid/not humid enough), traffic, allergies and whatever else I can come with on the way up ;)

Consider yourself warned. Can't wait to see ya - this will be a great event!

Blue Skies Magazine

I forgot to mention that if Skyride does screw your DZ, don't worry. Jumpdude's Skyrideripoff sites will help re-direct tandem customers straight to your DZ, cutting out the middleman and his cut, and it won't cost you a damn cent. You can thank him then. :P

His sites are getting just as many hits as USPA's and Dropzone.com's getting, and that's a helluva lot! B|

You would be correct about redirecting the customers to the real DZ's, as they get a lot of traffic looking for skydiving in what ever city, and currently, the most popular search words the sites are getting are, "Sportations.com", and "Sportations Scam". The problem with these keywords is that they are past tense, the customer is already stuck with a useless sLyride/sportations GC and trying to confirm that they have been scammed. No worries though, we are working to get in between the customer and sLyride by getting at or close to the top of the searches for general words like "Skydiving", "Hot Air Balloons", "Racing" etc.
Jan's sites and the others out there are doing a really good job of educating the customer about the sLyride scam.

As for traffic, My stuff is getting about 10,000 unique visitors a day and about a 70% CTR across 41 domains. I don't know what DZ.com or USPA.org is getting.
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

I think you should write a story on a day in the life of a mazazine editor dealing with skydivers. :ph34r:

That would provide the Prosecutor's too much evidence for the day he cracks!;)

Matt

"Down with Skyride!" - R.N.

He is DEFINATELY a very attractive she.

When women crack - evidence is irrelevant.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun