Driver1

Blue Skies Magazine Sponsoring a Skyride Boogie?

Wow...I think it's time this thread gets locked, as now its completely off subject with many personal attacks that should be left out of the forums.

I am going to skydive!
Bryan Cavage, D-19100
AFF I, Tandem I, Vidiot
http://www.dropzonesolutions.com
-Social Media Consultant and Skydiving Gear Guru

It is completly in their right to support liars, thieves and hucksters just as it is MY RIGHT to not support someone that has choses to support liars, thieves and hucksters. It is MY money after all...sheesh

So you'll not be renewing your USPA membership either then, correct?

ROFL...Nailed em!

And yes, very likely th eperson selling ad space has never been close to the open door of a plane! Total Knee Jerk reactions here, Give the Editor a chance to fix things...Jeeezzuuusss

Fine he can use the army angle but my unit does NOT need to be brought up. That's crossing the fucking line and he knows it. That's why he decided to use it.

He didn't cross any lines. YOU ARE!!! Why else are you getting pissed when someone points out that you could potentially be putting your military career in jeopardy by going against your sworn duty and associating your self with known, proven criminals! You know you are wrong and yet you continue to support criminal activity.

Does your unit commander know about this???;)

How many of the whinners here are still Michail Vick Fans?:P

Jumpdude, Alabamaskydiver - enough. Stop with the threats. If you really think that jumping at a Skyride DZ is akin to aiding and abetting, you need some time away from the forums, back in the real world.

10-4
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Fine he can use the army angle but my unit does NOT need to be brought up. That's crossing the fucking line and he knows it. That's why he decided to use it.

He didn't cross any lines. YOU ARE!!! Why else are you getting pissed when someone points out that you could potentially be putting your military career in jeopardy by going against your sworn duty and associating your self with known, proven criminals! You know you are wrong and yet you continue to support criminal activity.

Does your unit commander know about this???;)

How many of the whinners here are still Michail Vick Fans?:P

I'm a fan of him going back to doing community service for his crimes.
I am also a fan of him being ejected from the NFL.

Let him get a real job, something at the SPCA or the like.

I noticed my questin was never answered.

The questin was: Why? Why would anyone, knowing what the people that own the DZ thatyou are organizing a boogie at, intentionally and publicly align themselves with those people?

It would almost be more honerable to deny it, and hide it. At least then it wouldn't seem like so much of a betrayal.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

+1

This thread is funny... :)
Cancelling a subscription because BSM donated a few prizes to a raffle. HA!

It has been said many times already...you going to sell any gear you have/force other people to sell their gear that has ever been to a skyride DZ because it is 'tainted'?

At least then it wouldn't seem like so much of a betrayal.

It's few stickers and a year's subscription to Blue Skies Mag

Get over it people.

Jeeze

The thread has moved on from BSM - we are discussing people that are openly admitting that they know what Skyride is about, how they operate, and the consequenses of doing their business the way they do, and still openly admitting it - My question was "Why?" Why would someone openly align themselves with that kind of situation and a shadow looming over it like it does.

But I guess - just like in high school - the dealer has to have his lackeys, right?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Guy is throwing a boogie at dropzone being ran by people that used to do false advertising and you start asking where the guy works and whether his boss knows what he does off the clock? Really? :S

Used to? That implies they cleaned up their act. They haven't. :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

The thread has moved on from BSM - we are discussing people that are openly admitting that they know what Skyride is about

Fair enough, but there is already a few skyride threads feel free to post it there if this isn't about BS mag.

But I guess - just like in high school - the dealer has to have his lackeys, right?

I guess so, and the drama queens.

That this thread even exists is just so far beyond ridiculous to me that it's staggering.

Look, I definitely have issues with SR and it's business practices BUT I also have friends who jump at the DZ(s), for various reasons and I don't hold it against them. At the end of the day, they (the jumpers at the dz) are just skydivers trying to have a good time like the rest of us.

Bottom line is that no-one is perfect, or blameless, and if I held some sort of moral grudge against everyone in the world who did something I disagreed with - well, it'd be a lonely place up there on my high horse ;)
Performance Designs Factory Team

Bottom line is that no-one is perfect, or blameless, and if I held some sort of moral grudge against everyone in the world who did something I disagreed with . . .

Hmmm -

So . . . morality is unimportant? Continuing a pattern of illegality is ok - Because you know, who';s going to really care or do anything about it?

It will just go away if you ignore it, right?

Bottom line is that no-one is perfect, or blameless, and if I held some sort of moral grudge against everyone in the world who did something I disagreed with . . .

Hmmm -

So . . . morality is unimportant? Continuing a pattern of illegality is ok - Because you know, who';s going to really care or do anything about it?

That whooshing sound was the point going over your head. I really don't expect you to 'get' it, Clint. I've already said I disapprove of SR, but I'm not going to turn my back on people who jump at those places.

I'm more than content to let the justice system take care of any illegal activities (as they already are). I fail to see how thats 'ignoring it'. I do think though, that 'crying wolf' every time lessens the argument. The community has spoken loudly about SR, and rightly so, but you're all just giving them free press at this stage of your crusade.

Me, I'm going to keep hanging out with Skydivers, regardless of where they jump. And, I'm going to keep my Blue Skies subscription.
Performance Designs Factory Team

Hmmm -

That whooshing sound was the point going over your head. I really don't expect you to 'get' it, Clint. I've already said I disapprove of SR, but I'm not going to turn my back on people who jump at those places.

I'm more than content to let the justice system take care of any illegal activities (as they already are). I fail to see how thats 'ignoring it'. I do think though, that 'crying wolf' every time lessens the argument. The community has spoken loudly about SR, and rightly so, but you're all just giving them free press at this stage of your crusade.

Me, I'm going to keep hanging out with Skydivers, regardless of where they jump. And, I'm going to keep my Blue Skies subscription.

I get that.

But the logic behind publicly announcing that you align yourself with that kind of organization illudes me.

My question is WHY WOULD SOMEONE DO THAT?
That question is still unanswered.

But the logic behind publicly announcing that you align yourself with that kind of organization illudes me.

My question is WHY WOULD SOMEONE DO THAT?
That question is still unanswered.

Honesty?

I've mentioned before that skydiving is not like going out for a burger. There are not DZ on every street corner, so sometimes it's either take what you can get, or just don't jump. So if you get stuck jumping at a DZ that happens to be owned by the Skyride crew, you would admit it becasue it's ture.

That said, it doesn't mean that the person is happy with the situation. Of course, you can't come online and post how much you despise the DZOs, and how they do business, and what they stand for, or esle you risk going to back to the concept of not jumping if you do post your true feelings and the DZO finds out and gives you the boot.

Again, let keep in mind that the majority of jumpers are good folks that we all have something in common with. If you go to AST on any given weekend, I would gather it would look just like any other DZ, full of interesting people, young and old, having a good old time.

The tandems and students are the money, not the fun jumpers. In truth, a DZ could run smoother and faster without fun jumpers provided they have the tandem volume to fill the plane once or twice and hour. Beyond that, by only flying high profit tandems and students, a DZO could probably get another season or two out of hot section becuase of the reduced number of loads.

Fun jumpers are a love/hate thing with DZOs. Half the time they're clogging up the system slowing down how fast they can turn the tandems, and the other half of the time they fill in the nooks and crannies on light loads. I worked at a DZ where ALL the fun jumpers grouped up and went to the Richmond boogie every year, and the staff all agreed that weekend ran smoother than any other weekend of the season.

Demonizing the fun jumpers, their boogie, or any industry company that donates a door prize is really just dumb. It's a DZ, they're just jumpers like the rest of us, and yes, the DZO is a scumbag (along with 30 other DZOs across the country who also happen to be scumbags).

I've mentioned before that skydiving is not like going out for a burger. There are not DZ on every street corner, so sometimes it's either take what you can get, or just don't jump.

Or like a burger, one could choose to travel a further distance for one they liked better.

I've known many over the years that would travel past 1 or more closer DZs to get to their home DZ.

One even made a 12 hour round trip every weekend to get to their home DZ. :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Or like a burger, one could choose to travel a further distance for one they liked better.

I've known many over the years that would travel past 1 or more closer DZs to get to their home DZ.

One even made a 12 hour round trip every weekend to get to their home DZ

I get that. Some people don't have any DZ within hours of them, and they have to travel to jump at all.

I would guess that probably 25 to 30% of the days I jumped last year were not full days at the DZ. I was able to do 1/2 day or work or family stuff, then 1/2 day at the DZ and get in 4 or 5 jumps. If the DZ was more than 30 min from my house, none of those days would have been possible.

In my younger days, I drove from Ohio to Florida several times each winter to get in those winter jumps. Now it's easier to make the money to buy a plane ticket than it is to make the time to drive 24 hours. I can leave my house and be on the DZ in Z-hills in 6 hours, saving 18 hours (each way) for jumping. If you know a guy who can carve 24 hours out of his week for drive time to the DZ, plus the time at the DZ, more power to him. Each person has their own set of circumstances to deal with, and sometimes the closest DZ is the only option (short of quitting jumping).

I don't think you have the ability to understand this simple situation.

Yer porbably right about dat. Never wuz much fer intelegens an that kinda stuf.

Thanks fer pointin out my mentel defex fer everbody to laff at.

And btw - my point was that it's non-productive to single out one company (or organization) to boycott when other companies are doing the same thing. Either boycott all of them or boycott none. Picking on one while ignoring the others is nothing more than blowing smoke.

I don't think you have the ability to understand this simple situation.

Yer porbably right about dat. Never wuz much fer intelegens an that kinda stuf.

Thanks fer pointin out my mentel defex fer everbody to laff at.

And btw - my point was that it's non-productive to single out one company (or organization) to boycott when other companies are doing the same thing. Either boycott all of them or boycott none. Picking on one while ignoring the others is nothing more than blowing smoke.

What companys support Skyride and thier dz's then - so I know what I have to avoid?

Start here.
I'd imagine that 90% of the companies in that list "support" S-ride through gear sales, maintenance, training or other in some form or fashion.
Don't forget to add Cessna, Beechcraft, DeHavilland, or PAC to that list. While you're at it, you probably need to add Microsoft, Apple, Sony, Canon, to the list too.
I'd imagine you'd have a hard time not adding Ford, Chev, Dodge to the list...
Boycotting a company that sells product to S-ride DZ's is simply silly.

You might try boycotting the Internet too, because that's what ENTIRELY supports the S-ride brands.

Does that mean we won't see you here anymore?:D:P