Driver1

Blue Skies Magazine Sponsoring a Skyride Boogie?

Wow. I never thought this lil boogie of mine would get so much attention. So thank you!

To all the people who are willing to cancel your subscription over this...your a bunch of overzelous idiots. Seriously. All this fuss over BSM donating a 1 year subscription, a t-shirt and some stickers. Go get a life.

To all the others who still hate skyride yet are mature enough to understand things from a fun jumpers perspective. Thank you. Its nice to know there are still reasonable people around.

If I didnt have to join to be able to teach AFF and jump at many DZs.... I would not be a member. But they are not stupid and they are forcing people to join.

USPA has a monopoly, BSM does not.

Taking a stand isn't always convenient. If not giving money to those who "support" Slyride is important enough to warrant canceling a subscription to a magazine for skydivers (a small business run by skydivers), why is it not important enough to warrant canceling your membership to an organization that also "supports" Slyride - and in a much bigger way than sending some swag for a boogie?

If you aren't willing to be inconvenienced by your "protest," then it doesn't really mean anything. If you aren't going to boycott every company and organization that "support" them, you're not taking a stand on anything. You're just blowing smoke.

Wow. I never thought this lil boogie of mine would get so much attention. So thank you!

To all the people who are willing to cancel your subscription over this...your a bunch of overzelous idiots. Seriously. All this fuss over BSM donating a 1 year subscription, a t-shirt and some stickers. Go get a life.

To all the others who still hate skyride yet are mature enough to understand things from a fun jumpers perspective. Thank you. Its nice to know there are still reasonable people around.

This is a partial repost from the other thread;

Why do you jump there? You know that the money you are giving them is only going to further finance their fraudulent advertising and scam and blasting stickers all over Nashville. With all the info that's available online and throughout the many threads here on DZ.com, and even in this thread, you can't say you don't know.

Another question I have is this;
You mentioned that BSM gave you guys some stickers, does that mean that there is going to be a blitz of Blue Skies Magazine stickers all over Nashville? I got a screen shot of your statement and emailed it to the Nashville prosecutor so if that happens, they wont go after BSM, they will be looking at you guys again, and since you added that this is your boogie, well, I guess you will be held personally liable for the stickers should they find their way to a stop sign near you.
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

If I didnt have to join to be able to teach AFF and jump at many DZs.... I would not be a member. But they are not stupid and they are forcing people to join.

Taking a stand isn't always convenient. If not giving money to those who "support" Slyride is important enough to warrant canceling a subscription to a magazine for skydivers (a small business run by skydivers), why is it not important enough to warrant canceling your membership to an organization that also "supports" Slyride - and in a much bigger way than sending some swag for a boogie?

If you aren't willing to be inconvenienced by your "protest," then it doesn't really mean anything. If you aren't going to boycott every company and organization that "support" them, you're not taking a stand on anything. You're just blowing smoke.

I did!!B|B|B|
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

I did!!B|B|B|

Me Too.:)
ETA - But I am curious to what the USPA donates to skyride in support of this boogie.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

If you aren't going to boycott every company and organization that "support" them, you're not taking a stand on anything. You're just blowing smoke.

Do you really think this?
It seems very extreme.
I'm pretty disgusted about how one dropzone out there supports unsafe behavior, and I refuse to jump there. But... their aircraft are provided by someone I deeply respect, and whose aircraft/pilots are terrific. While I won't jump at the aforementioned dropzone, I'm very happy to jump their aircraft at other locations, and don't feel a whit for it.
This sport is too small to get too deep into isolationism, I think. I have no problem directly not supporting something, but indirectly...we're all too much kissing cousins to draw such a hard line.

If you aren't going to boycott every company and organization that "support" them, you're not taking a stand on anything. You're just blowing smoke.

Do you really think this?
It seems very extreme.
I'm pretty disgusted about how one dropzone out there supports unsafe behavior, and I refuse to jump there. But... their aircraft are provided by someone I deeply respect, and whose aircraft/pilots are terrific. While I won't jump at the aforementioned dropzone, I'm very happy to jump their aircraft at other locations, and don't feel a whit for it.
This sport is too small to get too deep into isolationism, I think. I have no problem directly not supporting something, but indirectly...we're all too much kissing cousins to draw such a hard line.

Exactly. One can choose to do as little or as much as they feel the need, For me it's not jumping at any DZ owned by the SkyRide crew, but will jump at DZs that take the certs.

I hope they have a great boogie and have tons of fun jumps cuz that means far fewer SkyRide tandems. :P
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

ETA - But I am curious to what the USPA donates to skyride in support of this boogie.

I would be kinda mad if they gave anything to Skyride for this boogie as Skyride does not have anything to do with this boogie.

I am organizing this event for the fun jumpers at the DZ. I wanted to kick start the season off with a great event to get people in the mood to jump their asses off after a winter lull.

Napier, as always, you are a DB.

*To the mods who are lurking. This is not a PA but a factual statement*

I would be kinda mad if they gave anything to Skyride for this boogie as Skyride does not have anything to do with this boogie.

I am organizing this event for the fun jumpers at the DZ. I wanted to kick start the season off with a great event to get people in the mood to jump their asses off after a winter lull.

Napier, as always, you are a DB.

*To the mods who are lurking. This is not a PA but a factual statement*

sLyride has everything to do with it, if it weren't for sLyride bullshitting their way in to Tennessee Airports, this boogie would not be happening.

And,,, Yeah, I guess I do make a lot of noise about sLyride, so yeah, I guess DB is short for Decibel, huh? :P
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Never said I was unhappy, quite the contrary.
I do love me some PD canopies.

DSE and Tom bring some very valid points to the discussion.
BSM may very well not be aware of the DZ they're sponsoring (which could also be a simple subscription as a drawing prize - which is next to nothing in the grand scheme of things.
My simple point all along has been that I would not knowingly support any SR entity. It just feels wrong to me.
I know the BSM folks are busy, so maybe we should give them some time.

I'll chime in only to clarify my first post, which was my understanding they were major sponsor throwing major money into a boogie. Putting swag out is something different. Tough situation.... I have mixed feelings. True, worth giving busy folks time.
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

Yes, but if you are unable to tell the difference between not reading a magazine vs. not ever doing AFF, Tandems, competing at the nationals, or jumping at most DZ's..... I don't think you have the ability to understand this simple situation.

You should be able to tell the difference is more than a simple matter of 'convenience'.... it is the difference between not reading a magazine and almost quitting the sport....Just because you gave up the sport does not mean everyone else should.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I am organizing this event for the fun jumpers at the DZ.

Why would anyone align themselves openly with an organization that has been proven(in court) to be dishonest and fraudulent?

Why would you advretize that you approve of that behavior, if not in words, but in action, by supporting them and helping them make more money to continue doing business, then again, knowingly commit fraud again?

I don't understand that logic.

It is a lot like going to Walmart, buying a tent, and then returning it when you don't have any more use for it.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

It's worse than that.
More like selling a tent locally, then making the buyer travel 200 miles to actually acquire the tent.
THEN returning it to WalMart.
While plastering stickers all over the place during your travel.
Then creating an assload of dot_com web sites - that all link back to skyride 800 number sales for more tents.

I may be missing something here, but I believe I remember that you are in the 160th Special Ops Aviation Unit (SOAR), so why, if you are a soldier, and your job is to defend our nation against all the bad stuff in the world including crime against Americans would you turn your back on every moral and ethic that your job is to defend?
Why would you commit the very crimes that it is your job to protect the American people from?
You are openly involving yourself with a DZ that advertises like Skyride, and is Skyride, so that's the same as working directly for Skyride.
And I read your PA on Napier, but what is a DB? I'm pretty sure that your definition is "douche bag", so am I right?

It's worse than that.
More like selling a tent locally, then making the buyer travel 200 miles to actually acquire the tent.
THEN returning it to WalMart.
While plastering stickers all over the place during your travel.
Then creating an assload of dot_com web sites - that all link back to skyride 800 number sales for more tents.

Couldn't have said it any better! :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Fine he can use the army angle but my unit does NOT need to be brought up. That's crossing the fucking line and he knows it. That's why he decided to use it.

He didn't cross any lines. YOU ARE!!! Why else are you getting pissed when someone points out that you could potentially be putting your military career in jeopardy by going against your sworn duty and associating your self with known, proven criminals! You know you are wrong and yet you continue to support criminal activity.

Does your unit commander know about this???;)
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Fine he can use the army angle but my unit does NOT need to be brought up. That's crossing the fucking line and he knows it. That's why he decided to use it.

He didn't cross any lines. YOU ARE!!! Why else are you getting pissed when someone points out that you could potentially be putting your military career in jeopardy by going against your sworn duty and associating your self with known, proven criminals! You know you are wrong and yet you continue to support criminal activity.

Now that is crossing a line.

No, dude, you are crossing the line. I'm starting to think that these skyride guys are probably OK, at least they can't be all that much worse than the DZ.com zealots opposing them.

Guy is throwing a boogie at dropzone being ran by people that used to do false advertising and you start asking where the guy works and whether his boss knows what he does off the clock? Really? :S

You are doing more damage to your cause than good. [:/]