twodarhythm

Skydiving tattoo ideas?

I think tattoos need to symbolize something significant in your life. If you never make another jump again, hasn't your life still changed because of skydiving? Mine has.

I agree with that 100%! Thats what I always tell everyone! Just because you get a tattoo of something, doesnt mean you have to do it for the rest of your life.

I think a lot of people post negative things about skydiving tats because they at one time considered getting one and are sooo glad they didn't.

I'm not saying don't do it.. But there's nothing wrong with letting the idea marinate for a bit..

I have one tattoo which I got over 12 years ago.. I thought I'd never want another, then last year so much happened in my life that I decided to get a second tattoo.. So I would feel sure about it, I've let the idea "sink in", so to speak. In the year that has past, the idea had become more concrete, and the design much more "me".

But lately, a friend of mine got rid of all of her tattoos. She had secretly been getting laser tattoo removal for months and months.. She said she felt "purged" of her past - like a clean canvas.. So I've started considering this.. Getting rid of my existing tattoo, however, is a FAR bigger commitment than getting a new one, IMO..

So I'm going to sit on it until whatever I decide feels right.

Just remember - the sky will always be there.. No shame in sitting on it for a while :)

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Getting rid of my existing tattoo, however, is a FAR bigger commitment than getting a new one, IMO..

Just remember - the sky will always be there.. No shame in sitting on it for a while :)

Interesting point about being a bigger commitment to get rid of it. Never thought of it that way. And TOTALLY second the part about a good artist....
She did not know that she could not fly so she did.

Spread your arms and hold your breath and always trust your cape

Getting rid of my existing tattoo, however, is a FAR bigger commitment than getting a new one, IMO..

Interesting point about being a bigger commitment to get rid of it. Never thought of it that way. And TOTALLY second the part about a good artist....

Well, when I got my tattoo, there was no option for removing it. And it's been with me like a loyal friend through so many years. And I still love it like when I first got it..

But when my friend showed me her "clean canvas".. Well, I started wondering about fresh starts. I don't believe you can wipe out the past. But I do believe in new starts.

Anyway, like I said.. It's a BIG decision, so I'm waiting for the feeling to become really strong either way.
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

I just did my 100th jump a couple weekends ago and I have been thinking about a tattoo for the last 75 jumps...

Im going to get the shape of a closing pin on the inside of my arm. Just a small one that won't really show. Just a little something for myself...

I figure that I have done 100 so I must be really into the sport...

I just did my 100th jump a couple weekends ago and I have been thinking about a tattoo for the last 75 jumps...

Im going to get the shape of a closing pin on the inside of my arm. Just a small one that won't really show. Just a little something for myself...

I figure that I have done 100 so I must be really into the sport...

you should get a Go-Pro Tat

I'm almost 1800 jumps, and still wonder :D

Under 10 years you're still a tourist.. Almost there :P
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

BACK UP!! From the depths of 2009!

Been on an Ink kick for a while and just got my first skydive related tattoo last night. I have only alloted so much canvas so for all I know it might be my first and only skydive tattoo. Curious to see others pics.

Heres what I did last fall...

Bsbd12.png
__

My mighty steed

Nice. How many hours did that take?

about 6 or 7 hours total I think over a few sessions.

Yep, I could bought a lot of jumps or other things with the dough.

You can say that about pretty much anything though :)
__

My mighty steed