SlumdogJumper

Big Up to Skydive Carolina

Just want to send a shout out and thank you to the instructors at Skydive Carolina!
After two days of bad winds, the wind finally died down around 3:30 and got to take my AFF 1 jump. I was a little nervous but felt good about the training(Jurga, Matt Zwicker, and Matt Mundry). SO finally got in the air, approached the door and started the jump. Good Exit except a little de-arch but corrected and recovered in a few seconds. Good response to signal and COA. Had a little trouble finding my pull handle. Under canopy went well but a sit down landing. Overall very comfortable with the minor things I need to correct and hopefully a stand up landing next time.;) Thanks again guys will see yall next weekend for a weekend of jumps!(Also a extra thanks to Matt Zwicker for my debrief and taking the extra time in overview packing of your rig to me after the jump.)

... but a sit down landing...

Hey! that's my Shtick! About ~5 of my AFF jumps. So I'd appreciated it if you can find another unique characteristic to mark your AFF days, thank you. :)
(Stood up my first solo, however, with a bit of run out. And although I decided to just do PLFs from now on unless I was landing at a walking pace or slower, lo and behold I stood up all 3 of my landings today. I think for me it was a matter of finally getting the flare timing right. YMMV).

Anyway, congrats of making it thru level one without the instructors using you as a fly toy. (Hi Kevin! :ph34r:)

Congrats!! It feels great getting that first one done and done right. The thrill keeps going up from there, I think.:)

Anyway, congrats of making it thru level one without the instructors using you as a fly toy. (Hi Kevin! :ph34r:)

Hahahaa! Fuuunnny! ;)

What my friend is referring to is the first part of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-QssF1JRXU

Be safe up there!
Sincerely,
Kevin