hjortur

Pictures of Canvas door on Cessna

Has anyone pictures of canvas (soft door) on Cessna or anyone that is able to take some pictures for me?

I'm trying to get some pictures of canvas doors so I can have my Rigger create one for me since I'm not able to find any person which has done this kind of doors before.

Please post some or send me a mail with pictures on hjortur[at]jump.is

---------------------------------------------------------
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway !

Skydive CT has one for a 206. Here are a couple photo's mostly from far away though. You could email them for close up:
http://www.skydivingstills.com/search/index.mg?searchWords=206&searchType=UserImage&NickName=pilotdave&start=60&SortBy=Popular
We're not fucking flying airplanes are we, no we're flying a glorified kite with no power and it should be flown like one! - Stratostar

I think he is dealing with a P 206. We covered this a couple of months ago. A fabric door can be made for the forward door in a P206 like the U206 door. Velcro, Cordura, Sewing Machine. 100 ways to build it, 50 ways to do it wrong. Just build it, test fly it, modify it, keep it maintained.

Skydive CT has one for a 206. Here are a couple photo's mostly from far away though. You could email them for close up:
http://www.skydivingstills.com/search/index.mg?searchWords=206&searchType=UserImage&NickName=pilotdave&start=60&SortBy=Popular

Those are all pictures of Van Pray Jr's fleet of 206's that CPI leased in 2008 and 2009. :)
I love a twin otter, but I have soft spot in my heart from those 206's.:)
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Hi

Thanks for your postings. This is a Cessna P206D with a forward door (no cargo door in the back). Picture can be seen at http://www2.airliners.net/photo/Cessna-P206-Super/1683092/&sid=8c8c8ac844b5c17243b7b1bd091e6c33

I have been trying to send Van Pray JR e-mail which I found on the home site that his profile points to but havn't got any response yet. Will try to send him a dropzone message.

What I would like to do is to get someone that has done those kind of solution before and knows the trial and errors to do it.
If that's not possible I am looking for some drawings or detail pictures of how to create as safe solution as possible for my rigger to work with.

Best regards for all your responses.

Blue skies.
Hjortur

Hi

Thanks for your postings. This is a Cessna P206D with a forward door (no cargo door in the back). Picture can be seen at http://www2.airliners.net/photo/Cessna-P206-Super/1683092/&sid=8c8c8ac844b5c17243b7b1bd091e6c33

I have been trying to send Van Pray JR e-mail which I found on the home site that his profile points to but havn't got any response yet. Will try to send him a dropzone message.

What I would like to do is to get someone that has done those kind of solution before and knows the trial and errors to do it.
If that's not possible I am looking for some drawings or detail pictures of how to create as safe solution as possible for my rigger to work with.

Best regards for all your responses.

Blue skies.
Hjortur

Clicky http://www2.airliners.net/photo/Cessna-P206-Super/1683092/&sid=8c8c8ac844b5c17243b7b1bd091e6c33

Hi hjortur,

First let me say that you should get what you want.

However, why not get an in-flight ( Snohomish ) door? There have been 100's of them made & they work great.

I understand that USPA has info on them, so you might consider contacting them.

Just my thoughts; and they did not cost you anything. :P

JerryBaumchen

Hi

Thanks for the info. I have sent a e-mail to USPA with request of this solution for us. We have to do something to be able to supply skydive operation without freesing all our passangers in our cold temperature here in the north.

Blue Skies
Hjortur.