Thedivingdog

Just bought an Argus - What to do??

Ha-ha-ha

That's funny
I also have an Argus, and paid more for mine.............at least I got 40 odd jumps on it.

You have to realize, that sometimes.......the person standing closest to the fan, knows a fraction of a second before everyone else, when the shit is gonna hit.

That's life.
I'm keeping my Argus, but will replace the unit with a Cypres in my rig.

cheers

so, if you buy a toyota and your gas-pedal got stuck and you crash the car; will you also ask for a charge back!? :S

yeah because that is a fair comparison, way to contribute weenie.

you're calling me a WEENIE!? :D:D:D

i hope you got three rigs, all argus equipped..

go back under the bridge you crawled from!
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

so, if you buy a toyota and your gas-pedal got stuck and you crash the car; will you also ask for a charge back!? :S

Don't send dickheadish PM's then not allow a response.
Seriously, everything you post is a wise ass remark that has NO VALUE. For example, look above.

Don't send dickheadish PM's then not allow a response.
Seriously, everything you post is a wise ass remark that has NO VALUE. For example, look above.

dito!

just checked your posts, if they exceed one word, lucky, do they add anything of substance, unlikely..

stop stalking me, knob!
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

We had a jumper at our DZ do the exact same thing just a few days ago ~ paid $750 for a unit two days before this whole thing blew up. He called me and asked it I thought it was a good deal ~ $750 for a 2 year old AAD, SBs checked out, seemed ok...

Long story short, he jumps a wings, and last I heard, Wings was not planning on taking any actions at this time, or at least when I talked to them yesterday.

I dont' know man ~ I think the Cypres crowd can play the "I told you so" game, but the fact of the matter is it was a reasonable price for a Unit that proved to be terrible timing. If I had a crystal ball, I wouldn't have put a 2-pin argus in my rig either back in 2008.
=========Shaun ==========

I did do my homework, or at least I thought I did. All I found was a recall for cutters on pre 2007 models. The one I bought was a 2009, so I thought I was good to go. I also found a good article by Mike G saying all of them are fine.
http://www.chutingstar.com/expertadvice_en/buying-gear/18-aads-which-one-to-buy.html
Not blaming anyone, I'm just saying that I looked into it.

I'm definitely not perfect...lots of people will tell you that. But we did and continue to provide unbiased advice about as many products as possible, with one being a comparison of AADs. Still, these are in the end my opinions based on my experiences.

I've updated the article a bit given the recent events, but keep in mind Aviacom and Mirage have still not touched or tested the rig and/or AAD yet. So conclusions on the issue are still forthcoming. My understanding is that an investigation with the FAA, a DPRE and others begins Monday at Skydive San Marcos, which will result in the gear being turned over to Aviacom and/or Mirage afterward for further investigation and testing.

And then after that, we'll have a clearer understanding on the true issue and how it can be resolved.

Mike
ChutingStar.com