DudeNZ

AFF or Static Line courses in Auckland New Zealand

Hi Guys,

Im looking for static line or AFF or static courses in Auckland and who would you recommend?

I know Auckland Skydivers Inc. in Whenuapai. But they dont have any dates on AFF or static lines courses but are priced very reasonably.

I know there is one guy in parakai and used to be one in Mercer. But what is around the Auckland area now days?

All help would be grateful to this old bloke...

Cheers

Andy

Alternatively take 10 days, head down to Motueka and get it over in one go. There are advantages to doing your entire AFF/1st 25 jumps in one go.

blue ones

Wayne
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -- Albert Einstein

Strop's suggestion is a good one, and Mot is a great DZ as well.

You can arrange the same thing at Matmata.

Matamata is also the site of National Cahmpionships this year at Easter weekend, and a POPs meeting April 9th.

Your profile says your into guitar, come for the Nationals and we'll have a jamb. I'll be working there as Judge.
Watch my video Fat Women
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRWkEky8GoI

Steve, Would love to Jam with ya mate, just checked with my better half and we have no plans for easter weekend. Is there a website with details on what is being held and when?

Also do you have any reccomendations for places to stay in matamata...

I would only have my acoustic as I am selling my Strat and Amp / Effects to pay for my AFF or Static line courses...

And I am not sad that I am letting my strat go I still have my Yamaha. Its been with me 8 years and I love it. But I rarely play electric now days.

I just hope someone buys it. Not many Lefty strats out there. Particular good quality american made strats.

But Skydiving is just so addictive... and I am so into Skydiving..

Never thought I would but what an amazing feeling from my first jump and I guess it's all old hat for you now.

What is the requirement for POP's I know its jumpers aged over 40 but are there any other requirements? How regular is the POP's meetings?

Any info on the Nat's drop me an email Steve or point me in the direction of a website...

Cheers

Andy
PS the youtube clip funny as hell mate.

NZPF Has a page on Facebook as well as a web page with info. http://www.nzpf.org/

There is accomodation on the DZ in the form of bunks or camping. Book early

Otherwise there are lots of local motels.(though some may be full with hobbits!!)

I've got an old Yamaha as well, a 1976 FG160 as well as my Martin J1.

I've never played electric!
Watch my video Fat Women

Thanks for the info Steve... Will try and get some accomodation for Sat night and Sunday...

It is ok for newbies to come and watch mate?

I bet that Martin sounds just gorgeous. I love Martin guitars always such a wonderful tone on them.

Everyone is welcome to come, but there's not that much to watch.

Most of it will be Formation Skydiving, and also accuracy landing.

And my Yamaha sounds almost as good as the Martin. It has aged very well since 1976. Pound for pound Yamaha is a great gutar, and back then they made them better then they do now.
It dosn't fit the hand as good as the Martin, just a bit thick on the neck.
Watch my video Fat Women

So true on the Yamaha, they can make some wonderful guitars. The tone on my yamy is just lovely with a nice set of strings and depending on how I play it its just so sweet to listen too.

Yamaha got a bad name here for being guitars for student players with cheap and nasty.

Can you tell me what is the deal with licenses in NZ, If you get your A license at a DZ in NZ. It can be used at any DZ in NZ?

I see on some groups in facebook that there is multi organisations in NZ and your A license may not be valid at another DZ is that correct?

Or is this crossing into the realm of politics here?

Yamahas are good guitars for beginners.
The are relativly cheap.
Dosn't make them nasty.

I see High fly has given you Tims contact info.
Tim's a great guy but that's the club you've already had contact with
Watch my video Fat Women