DVolz

Help on 7-Cell mains and Racer container?

Does anyone have any input into having a 7 cell main compared to having a 9 cell main. I had a Safire 190 and sold my gear and am looking to get a new rig. I found one with a sharpchuter 235 ( 7-cell) main. What I know is that 7 cells are usually used for accuracy. The container is an SST racer. If someone has any input into the main or the container please post. Thank you for your input in advance.

Does anyone have any input into having a 7 cell main compared to having a 9 cell main. I had a Safire 190 and sold my gear and am looking to get a new rig. I found one with a sharpchuter 235 ( 7-cell) main. What I know is that 7 cells are usually used for accuracy. The container is an SST racer. If someone has any input into the main or the container please post. Thank you for your input in advance.

I thought the Sharpchuter was a 245. But 7 or 9 cells is not a big deal. Yes the Sharpchuter is designed as a "Accuracy-Demo" canopy, but they are used for "every day" jumping too.

They do open fast (some say HARD), they do not glide as far as a 9 cell or a ZP or hybrid canopy. But they are strong and fly in most conditions very well.

I have several hundred jumps on a Sharpchuter.

The rig I can not speak too, I had a Racer as my first rig but do not know if it was an SST and only had it for one season (250ish jumps), it worked fine though.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Yes the Sharpchuter is 245 sq. ft. I have around 2000 jumps on them and feel they are a great canopy for demos and for every day jumping. If you have the “H” mode done to the nose they open like a dream. Contact Red at Flight Concepts. They do not have the drive or the flare power of a high aspect 9 cell but with practice they will put you were you want when you want. As with Mathew I can’t help you with the harness/container system.

Sparky

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp55/mjosparky/Skydiving/CanoplyHmod1.jpg

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp55/mjosparky/Skydiving/parachuteflagjumper4-2.jpg
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I had a SST, Sharpchuter and round reserve. back in 1985. It had capewells that were converted to R3's.

There is plenty of "better", more modern gear around.

I'd carefully check the age of the gear and get it inspected by YOUR rigger.
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.