jmar595

I AM SOOO STOKED!!!!

Congrats man! Good stuff! I went yesterday too. I was able to do 3 jumps so I will be doing level 5 next. It is ALOT harder to manuveur on your own than one would think. Overall I did good. I do need to get a better arch, dont think that will ever hurt. Good times, and blue skies to all!

Where do you find altimeters for that? That is a good deal.

The classifieds of this site:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/page.cgi?g=Altimeters%2Findex.html;d=1

Keep looking and you'll find them. New ads every day. No need to pay more than $100 for an Alti II Galaxy in excellent condition. Wait a little longer and you'll find one in a color you want other than black.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

having bought an analog altimeter early on was a great investion. always there to back me up when the N3 craps out on me. not "swoopable" tough; i know i'll get flamed for that one.. :D

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

i understand i can get used altimeters for 100 bones and then ihave to sell it later and get the one i really want.. i just figure if i am serious about this sport and plan on it for a lifetime i want to buy exact altimeter i want (altitrack) yeah its hella expensive but it will be worth it... i like the fact that it runs up to 18K feet also ;)
Some people say "The sky is the limit" .... those people must not skydive..

i understand i can get used altimeters for 100 bones and then ihave to sell it later and get the one i really want.. i just figure if i am serious about this sport and plan on it for a lifetime i want to buy exact altimeter i want (altitrack) yeah its hella expensive but it will be worth it... i like the fact that it runs up to 18K feet also ;)

It has already been inferred that you may neither want nor need an Altitrack when you grow up.:) You may find the following e-mail copy helpful in deciding:

The current prices for repair depend on your altimeter. There will be no warranty as the warranty only applies to the original owner. The cost of repair for the Galaxy & Altimaster II is $54.00. The price of repair for our Neptune 2 is $69.00. And the N3 cost of repair is $99.00. All repairs will have a $15.00 or $20.00 charge for return shipping, depending on whether it is shipped domestic[inside US] or international. Let me know if you have any other questions or if I can be of further assistance.

Regards,

Carol

Carol White
Administrative Assistant

[email protected]

Direct Line (386) 951 1457

Alti-2 Incorporated
1200 Flightline Blvd, Suite 5

DeLand, FL 32724
Tel: (386) 943 9333

Fax: (386) 845 9221

www.alti-2.com

I havent been able to find any for 100. I like the regular altimaster 2's. Anyone know of a good place?

Be patient, they will be there. I waited a week and found a nearly new one in just the color I wanted. I check the new ads regularly, and they come up all the time. Even if somebody doesn't list their alti for $100 or less, offer them that much anyway because I think that a new alti II galaxy goes for $145 now, so they should not sell for more than $100.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Sweet! Thank you for your advice, I will defineately do that. All I can just about think about is skydiving now. I've wanted to do this for a VERY long time, and now I am learning how. I cant wait till Saturday. I hope to do the last 3 levels. My level 2 went pretty well, needed a little work on the turns, but did get them. Level 3 I had a hard time keeping a heading, but was able to stop a built in slow right turn. Can never hurt to ARCH more! Level 4 I didnt get as good of a left turn in as I had wanted. Level 5-7 is gonna be a challenge. I seem to do pretty good under the canopy, had all stand up no run landings. I am flying a Nav 260 though. I cant wait to jump more and more. This Sat. will be the last time I will be abloe to for a bit though. Just want to be up there more. flying stable is harder than one would imagine.

These first 2 ads don't give much detail, but are worth checking out, the third is simply overpriced and should have a realistic offer made for it (less than $100 IMO):

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=105218;d=1

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=99265;d=1

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=102650;d=1

I posted this elsewhere, but I'll say it again. I didn't realize how much skydiving takes out of you. I'm sure it's because it's draining emotionally, mentally and physically. I should have seen the signs when I did two minutes of wind tunnel back in December and was a little sore the next day. :)

EDITED for grammar. I hate when I do that!

Sincerely,
Kevin

lol!

yea, i hate it when you do that too! :D

on a more serious note, when you start out with it, skydiving takes a REAL toll on you.. it gets better with time tough.. :)
anyway, enjoy all your AFF- / and previous-licensed jumps, that's the bestest journey you'll ever make.. :)

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

I went to the dz yesterday and did L5-7!! Finished AFF!! I didnt quite get the front flip, got the backflip, but not quite the front. After I finished it, I was geared up and ready to jump and someone landed in the trees on the other side of the fence. The winds had picked up a bit. Glad he is ok, he got heliflighted out, but think he is ok, banged up good, but ok. I waited around the rest of the day to see if the winds would die down. Just before the last load they said I could go. Did my first solo!! That was so freakin sweet. I jumped out, got stable, COA, FRONT flip ;), backflip, backflip, turned a bit, maintained good heading control, then opened good, and had a nice flight down. I think I did pretty good on landing, all through AFF I only hit my knees once, the rest were stand up. Excited and cant wait to go again, but it will be a bit because of work schedule, but now am working on that A license. Blue skies to all, and good luck to those in AFF, I was told I was thinking to much about it all, and just relax!! ARCHHH!!!!!

WHOOHOO! Congrats!! I'll be there with you soon. I just have to juggle schedule with finances, but I'll get there! I'll be cool to do that first solo, I think. But I have a feeling I may look at it the same way I look at riding my bike. It's fun to ride alone, but more so when some other guys come along.
Sincerely,
Kevin

Back to the DZ tomorrow to do jump 9- how many ever I can! Cant wait, been waiting 3 weeks to go again. Has been torture doing my first solo last time, but I have managed to gather some of my own gear. I now have an altimeter, jumpsuit, gloves, and going to order a Benny helmet and goggles very soon. Now to get some more jumping in and find out what kind of rig I will need and start looking for it!:D:D:D:D This is a crazy cool journey this skydiving! Blue skies!

GOOD STUFF! I botched Level 1 (go to youtube and search for "ugliest skydive ever), but I'm going back next weekend and I hope to get through Level 3.

Clear skies!! And arch. LOL

Oh and welcome back from Iraq.

I saw your vid a while ago...haha.

Those first AFF are great, nothing like that first leap on your own though. When I did my AFF in 82 it was a totaly new concept...in Canada anyways. Bob Wright used me as a test dummy, he was great but after I was cleared for FF etc no other DZs would let me jump until I got my A.