jmar595

I AM SOOO STOKED!!!!

Ok, went to the DZ today. Didnt get to jump, but went through ground school. I will do a lv2 jump and I got some packing instruction in. I got signed off on packing on my 2nd pack job. Thank you for the welcome, it is defineately nice to be back. Also, thanks for the link, good stuff and that is what I aspire to be someday. Hopefully weather will be better next weekend! Blue, unwindy skies!

i remember being stoked for aff too. I was so pumped to do it. I couldnt shut up about it(still usually can't though;)) but it's a great feeling. welcome back and relax have fun and as they always say, ARCH! lol

On a more personal note. Thanks for serving and protecting our country!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, all used up, and loudly proclaiming: Wow, what a ride!

Im feeling your pain man!! or excitment rather. i got my ground school in and waited all day to just high winds didnt let that happen. finally a calm weekend the following let me jump and do my AFF1.. it went well. im surprised to hear your signed off for packing only packing twice and only jumping once? i thought it was a bit more extensive to get signed off on that. its nice to have a full understanding of the equiptment before your first jumps but i think actual packing should wait till off student status. maybe some people can chime in on when their packing class took place.. Blue Skies and think spring for us covered in snow!!!
Some people say "The sky is the limit" .... those people must not skydive..

Good stuff. I'm not sure when I am "supposed" to do a packing class, but one is part of the program. I'm going to the DZ on Sunday. I want to get three jumps in, but it may be limited to two. I'm doing the pay-as-you-go thing, so two is definite. Three? Dunno yet. $$$ Haha

Blue skies!!!!
Sincerely,
Kevin

I don't think there is anything wrong with taking a packing class early on, it can only help.

I took it around jump 10. I only had to pack once to have it signed off. Although, I went back and got a refresher when I purchased my own gear.

My packing course taught me things about the rig, canopy, malfunctions and opening sequence which I didn't know before hand. Afterwards, while under canopy, I felt I had a lot more knowledgeable about what I was flying.

Will defineately remember to ARCH!! They drilled that in previously. I am glad I did the packing class. The guy was just very suprised I picked it up that easily. I will still make sure to get help for a while to make sure I do it correctly and dont form any bad packing habits. We did a flat pack which is really not that difficult, mainly making sure you follow the right order and keep it all tidey. I hope this weekend is good weather. I will be wishing good weather for you all covered in snow. I cant wait to do it more. Now to find a good place for gear, need goggles, helmet, jumpsuit...rig;) Good times! Blue skies all!

Will defineately remember to ARCH!!

Yeah, something I definitely DIDN'T do on Level 1, Take I. Did you see that video. LOL Dude, it was a heck of a time. I still had a blast, though. I'm going to fold myself in half off the door this next time.

Now to find a good place for gear, need goggles, helmet, jumpsuit...rig;) Good times! Blue skies all!

I'd recommend chutingstar.com. They have a lot of good prices, based on a month of comparisons I have been doing. And they have a good reputation here, which has to count for something. Skydivestore.com comes in a close second, but I haven't heard anything about customer service, so caveat emptor and all that.
Sincerely,
Kevin

Ya, I did see that video, even before you mentioned it. That was you? Looks like one wild ride there. What were the instructors like after you landed? It's a good journey though isnt it. How many jumps do you have now? I cant wait to go more. Thanks for the info on the chutingstar, will check it out it a bit.

The instructors? Haha. Mainside: "Kevin, what do you do if you find yourself unstable?" Me (still fighting slight nausea): "You arch." Mainside: "You arch." That was all that was said on the ride back to the main DZ. We landed off by about a km. Then he showed me how to ground the rig in the pack room, went and got my DVD and proceeded to show every other instructor there. I wasn't TOO thrilled about that, but I have worked with, for and over guys who have similar personalities, so I can handle it. After my dizziness subsided a bit, I laughed about it. Still do. It happened. It's done and I'll ace it on Sunday.
Sincerely,
Kevin

Good stuff! Glad you came out of it ok, everyone was pretty unstable for a bit. I noticed they pulled the first time you were level. Good learning experience. Cant wait till Sunday, Saturday is gonna be pretty wet, BOO!! So, here's wishing blue skies and low winds on Sunday!!

so jealous of you guys that have clear grass runways and are only waiting on wind and rain to give you the chance... my runway is frozen :( i would also like to point out rigs and things paraservice... i got all my stuff there to begin.. ( logbook , saftey knife, Benny helmet , etc.) they have what i have found to be the BEST price on nearly everything and i actually met the owners in thier home. customer service was great.... just my 2 cents.. have fun out there man

I had some issues but I didnt get brainlock and I think your AFF-I was contributing to a bit of your spin. I'm no expert and your AFF-I will know how to handle it but I'm skinny and I HAVE to nail my arch on exit otherwise I get unstable. ARCH as hard as you can and get your dick into the dirt. Keep it up. You'll be fine.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBQQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.para-service.com%2F&ei=-v9yTe7VIoH_8AaGt_TQDw&usg=AFQjCNHoWHWlDFdOoxf8RP4d33yXu2maAA

i actually was nearby and purchased my things in person but there website has the same prices. I did not get much just the things for my student progression. The benny helmet is a great starter helmet instead of wearing the DZ's it only about 60$ i did not get "gear" yet but it will be from them for sure best prices i have found anywhere. Saving up for my Altitrack! have fun man!!!

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBQQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.para-service.com%2F&ei=-v9yTe7VIoH_8AaGt_TQDw&usg=AFQjCNHoWHWlDFdOoxf8RP4d33yXu2maAA

i actually was nearby and purchased my things in person but there website has the same prices. I did not get much just the things for my student progression. The benny helmet is a great starter helmet instead of wearing the DZ's it only about 60$ i did not get "gear" yet but it will be from them for sure best prices i have found anywhere. Saving up for my Altitrack! have fun man!!!

"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Alright. Tomorrow is AFF Level 1, Take II. Hopefully I'll have a text-book video to post. Whatever the case, I WILL do three things: ARCH, have fun and smile. Someone said smiling is a way to communicate to the instructors that every thing is copacetic.

Clear skies everyone!!
Sincerely,
Kevin

Saving up for my Altitrack!

If you're having to 'save up' for an altitrack, I suggest you instead get a used altimeter from the classifieds. Many alti II galaxy altimeters (a very good model, a std in the industry) can be had for $75-100, sometimes even cheaper, and you'll be able to sell it for that much later when if you still want, and can afford to get an altitrack.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am