seaweedknees

Very scary attitude from a jump pilot.

OK a bit of a strange thread but it scares me a little to think that this guy is actually flying jumpers in the US. If any of you know who this guy is please try to talk some sense into him as he will end up killing someone.

http://www.pprune.org/non-airline-transport-stuff/447605-parachute-dropping.html

Obviously I am talking about the guy who thinks it is OK to stall a plane with someone hanging on the outside. SNS3Guppy

From his posts I assume he is just some wannabe who pretends to be a pilot on the forum but decided to bring it to your attention as if he really is stalling a plane with jumpers on the outside and thinks its all good fun someone needs to have a talk with him. I know the keys out of the ignition is an old story but does that really ever happen, I mean has anyone actually seen this sort of utter stupidity?

he's such a troll. incidentally he speaks of taking 206's to 16K. wether its possible or not is a different question but would take a very long time especially if full of skydivers
Dudeist Skydiver #170
You do not need a parachute to skydive, you only need one to skydive again

he's such a troll. incidentally he speaks of taking 206's to 16K. wether its possible or not is a different question but would take a very long time especially if full of skydivers

Read the link again. He talks about taking a Caravan up to 18,000.
Others posting misinterperet it to be a 206. There's a bit of discussion about shock cooling the engine, and how you can't shock cool a turbine.

However, I can't see routinely going up to 18k.

The guy seems to be a "cowboy", more than just a little reckless and overconfident. As Billvon says, not too uncommon at the smaller DZs.

And HERE is a thread that talks about the "Ignition Key" trick.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

if you read his last post

Of course a Cessna 206 can drop jumpers at 16,000. I've done it many times. Never been sad about it, either. As for flying jumpers "or anything else," there are lots of other "else's" but that's not really relevant to the thread now, is it?

i know he was talking about caravans flying at 18K however later in the discussion it moves onto 206s

182 and 206 jumps are normally 14,000 to 16,000 MSL, such as density altitude and load may allow on any given day

Dudeist Skydiver #170

if you read his last post

Of course a Cessna 206 can drop jumpers at 16,000. I've done it many times. Never been sad about it, either. As for flying jumpers "or anything else," there are lots of other "else's" but that's not really relevant to the thread now, is it?

i know he was talking about caravans flying at 18K however later in the discussion it moves onto 206s

182 and 206 jumps are normally 14,000 to 16,000 MSL, such as density altitude and load may allow on any given day

Ok, I missed that. (It may not have been up when I read it).
You are right. I don't think you can get a 206 or 182 that high. I know our 182 has been up to 12 a few times (MSL) on "good" days. Only 3 jumpers, cooler days and a pilot who was willing to take a longer flight (his words "Let's see how high we can get")

I don't think 16 in a normally aspirated engine is realistic, not with jumpers on board.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

At my local DZ we have a Turbo 206 that regularly takes 4-5 jumpers to 17,500 MSL in under 30 mins. Yes we have O2 onboard. I believe I have heard the ceiling of this plane is 21,000 MSL.
Blue Skies, Soft Docks and Happy Landings!
CWR #23
(It's called CRW, add an e if you like, but I ain't calling it CFS. FU FAI!)

I'd love to know the story behind the Islander stall shown in that thread...

Edited to add: And the search function works once again...

it should be knocking about on UKS somewhere as a former user posted it there. i didnt realise that even turbo 206s could fly that high i apologise :o
Dudeist Skydiver #170

At my local DZ we have a Turbo 206 that regularly takes 4-5 jumpers to 17,500 MSL in under 30 mins. Yes we have O2 onboard. I believe I have heard the ceiling of this plane is 21,000 MSL.

Service ceiling. The maximum density altitude where the best rate-of-climb airspeed will produce a 100-feet-per-minute climb at maximum weight while in a clean configuration with maximum continuous power.

Turbo Cessna 206
Takeoff Run (ft) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 835
Takeoff Run over 50 ft Barrier (ft) . . . . . 1,640
Rate of Climb (ft per min) . . . . . . . . . 1,010
Service Ceiling, wheels (ft) . . . . . . . . 27,000
Top Speed (knots) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 174
Cruising Speed (80% power; knots) . . . . . . 167
Cruising Range, (80% power; nautical) 640
Cruising Range, wheels (maximum; nautical)....805
Stalling Speed, wheels (knots) . . . . . . . 54
Landing Roll (ft) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 735
Gross Weight (lbs) . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3,600
Empty Weight (standard) . . . . . . . . . . . 2,000
Useful Load (lbs) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1,600
Engine TBO (hrs) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1,400
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

On a cool Feb day here in Southern Germany I was in a Turbo 206 that was climbing at about 1350 fpm till about 1100 and about 1000 fpm until 17000 according to my suunto and altimeter. Again it was a cool day low DA and I think only 3 jumpers plus pilot.
That thing climbs like a raped ape.

My .02
Team Dirty Sanchez #455,
Muff Brother #4197,
SCR #14847, DPH -8,
Dude #5150

I have definitely flown a 206 above 17999'.:$

If there is no one else in the back of the plane, not a big deal.
I have intentionally stalled a plane with my friend hanging on the strut.
contrary to a lot of ignorant belief out there, stall does not normally equal spin and death.

A stall in a C is not the same as a stall or V-mca stall in a kingair.

I know of a certain instructor that after dropping off the static line students would take his rig off and secure it in back of the 182, then wait till about a grand and climb out on the step and stay there all thru till landing. He enjoyed stressing the pilots out. They all learned how to grease them in.....B|

smile, be nice, enjoy life
FB # - 1083

Cotty (Kevin Cottrell) went to 25000 in a C185 on a night jump in Palmerston North, back in 1976, to set a NZ night jump record that prolly still stands. Actually got a bit higher than that, but lost a bit of altitude on exit...verified at 25000.

Took about an hour to get there as I recall, ZK-CGH had a 260 hp motor at that time. Johnny Plank was the pilot.
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....