drewcarp

Voltige 2001

Does anyone know Mario Blanchard at Voltige 2001 in Montreal?

I'm selling my rig and the buyer wants me to ship it there for inspection and I was hoping someone could vouch for them? (No offense Franck or Mario if you read this).

Shipping a $5K item across a border based on an email and a phone call makes me a little nervous so I was hoping someone could confirm they are the real deal?

I don't have any reason at all to doubt that they are, I'm just trying to be smart about it and make sure.

Thanks in advance,

DC

Nope, but riggers are good for more than just repacks. Any gear I've ever bought or sold that was not local(face to face) has been through my rigger. My rigger calls your rigger information is exchanged. My rigger can check out your rigger and vice versa. Then I have him ship or receive the gear at which point in time it can be inspected. After rigger approval of gear cash is exchanged and the gear is released. It's not foolproof, but most riggers are not willing to give up their reputation and/or their ticket for the $$$ involved in most transactions

I know a number of guys that call Voltige home and I would not have any reservations about sending my gear to them for inspection. I don't know Mario ( one of the owners) but I do know Philip Thibodeau. He is one of their instructors and a hell of a freeflyr.

Willy
growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.

Thank you very much!

Maybe the topic for a search or new thread but does anyone have any advice on the best way to ship it? Declare the value and insure it?

Would I be required to pay an import/export tax if it is only going across the border for an inspection and not (yet;)) a sale?

Any experiences/stories about selling (or getting an inspection) on a rig across the border would be much apprectiated.

Thanks

DC

ship using USPS - either EMS Express (faster and much better tracking) or Priority Mail (slower and shitty tracking).
declare as buyer wants you to.

Import duties will be ON THE BUYER. They will be quite high.
You will not be charged import duties in the even they ship it back to you, since the gear already belongs to you.

I am the rigger who might do the inspection at Voltige . I am a FAA master rigger working there full time and if you want more details, please feel free to contact me by email and I will give you my phone no. If you want to ship , please use USPS express service and not UPS, they charge a lot for customs clearence.

Frederick 2574292 SY3