stratostar

(was archway fatal) Posting at your own risk of well being

"Out, out, DZ-politics thread! Tis but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

(Not meaning you in particular; that quote just reminds me of all these threads, with their chest-puffing, angry denials and shocked indignation.)

I'm not suggesting that his actions were justified, just that when you consider his state of mind, it's easier to understand how something like this could happen. Desperate times call for desperate measures, and I'm sure that the gun-toting DZO considers these to be desperate times.

Again, it doesn't make it right, just easier to understand.

Not really, IMO.

Pulling a gun over an argument is idiocy at its best. I am very PRO 2nd, and story's like this are just chocked full of stupid.

*IF* true. The guy should go to jail.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

So...more comes to light?
OP has had problems at other DZs too?
Why did the people take exception to the husband when it was the wife that posted the comments?

Why do I feel like I am watching a serial movie and I am about to be told to tune in next week? :P

:D:D:D
Drama, drama, drama
With no commercial breaks!
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

"Out, out, DZ-politics thread! Tis but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

:)
__

My mighty steed

I did leave and will never go back...years ago. My husband just wanted to say hi and maybe goodbye to a few people, since it sounds like the DZ will be sold or closed. We knew from past experience that the DZO had what we always called "A Napoleon complex", but did not expect what happened. We have been told, since the Chili party incident, that he frequently takes his gun out in his office and plays with it while sitting at his desk and talking to people. Too bad we never heard about that BEFORE the Chili party! Definately not a guy who should own a gun...
~"I am not afraid. I was born to do this"~

Pulling a gun to 'make a point' just isn't justified in any circumstances...not saying it happened, just sayin'.

There are many people that carry both legally and illegally. Many have carried for years and even close friends are not aware of it. A gun should only be pulled and pointed to prevent a death, yours or that of someone else. The decision to fire should have been made before the gun is in your hand. To use a gun as punctuation in an argument is a good way to end up dead.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Pulling a gun to 'make a point' just isn't justified in any circumstances...not saying it happened, just sayin'.

There are many people that carry both legally and illegally. Many have carried for years and even close friends are not aware of it. A gun should only be pulled and pointed to prevent a death, yours or that of someone else. The decision to fire should have been made before the gun is in your hand. To use a gun as punctuation in an argument is a good way to end up dead.

Sparky

X2

Sparky

X2

just another example why only LEO's and other highly endangered people should be carrying a gun..

i mean, i can take my assault rifle to the shooting-range and back, but unloaded..

i hope this dzo gets his ass handed to the authorities and gets some jailtime, if he does not, i kinda hope he does that some day to some dude that wont hesitate to empty a full mag into his lousy body..

pulling a gun on someone is just so.. fuck knows; i dont get that!

BTW, i'm pretty pro-gun..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

BTW, i'm pretty pro-gun.

And

just another example why only LEO's and other highly endangered people should be carrying a gun..

The 2nd bit does not support the 1st.

You can't blame the 99.9% of the country on a few morons.

That would be like totally banning base in the US since some people cut locks and trespass to do it. And banning skydiving since some people get hurt.

How about we just punish the morons that do stupid things and leave the responsible alone?
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

So...I have received a copy of the FOIA request from the FAA...the investigators basically stated the same information that the coroner stated. That the "Reserve parachute loop was incorrectly routed around Cypres cutter rendering the Cypres device ineffective."
The report was redacted (basically a form of editing) and portions were blacked out. However, I have information that some of this may be due to the fact that a few pilots who flew the airplane at Archway were 'wrist slapped' for flying the plane outside of its hundred hour. The report also does not mention if any action will betaken against the rigger.
~"I am not afraid. I was born to do this"~