gjhdiver

Mythbuster Skydiving episode 04/13/11

Just some extra info.

Kari actually did two jump with me. The first was following the ice, and the second was for setup shots and exit shots. For the second jump, we flew in formation with a helicopter mounted camera. That's the one that you see the in air canopy shots and exit from. The two dives were then put together with Kari's GoPro footage to make the final edit.

All the time that Kari was near the door, she was either attached to me or had her own rig on. The camera crew also had tandem harnesses on and safety tandem instructors with them in case of a bailout situation.

We did several passes with the ice. We did some from 1000 feet for concept testing, and then went higher. The last ones we dropped from full altitude.

All of the in air filming was by Clay Bonavito, and Niklas did all the logistics. I did all the swearing, which is why they edited out all my good bits.

Here's a picture of me and Kari....Like I said, it's a tough job.

The camera crew also had tandem harnesses on and safety tandem instructors with them in case of a bailout situation.

I guess they never heard of the accident at Cal City where the chase helo that sliced through the otter tail and all on board bailed.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

>I guess they never heard of the accident at Cal City where the chase helo that sliced
>through the otter tail and all on board bailed.

?? Given that everyone had a parachute or TM with them, it sounds like they were very well aware of that possibility.

We will occasionally do something like this for shoots at Perris. Generally either the crew wears rigs (with 20 minutes of instruction on how to use them) or they wear tandem harnesses and are attached to the TM whenever they are near an open door.

That is not a student rig. There are no 3 rings. It is a pilot rig.

Sure looks like 3 rings to me.

Sparky

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp55/mjosparky/Skydiving/untitled-1.jpg

Look again! The rings are there. It is a Student Wings container complete with parachutes over the top of a Sigma Student harness.

I've put that exact rig on many of my students.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Good for you bro! We had Rachael Ray do a tandem at the ranch last weekend, but she's not nearly as hot as Kari! If anybodys interested the Rachael ray tandem is supposed to air in may some time.

LOL I hope she remembered to put her legs up this time.

As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...

Sparky

Look again! The rings are there. It is a Student Wings container complete with parachutes over the top of a Sigma Student harness.

I've put that exact rig on many of my students.

Andrewwhyte Posted:

And I responded with this and the picture.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

You guys do know your arguing over two DIFFERENT pictures, right?

Matt

Shut up Matt!!

This was kinda funny.:D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

So, just out of curiosity, why is she wearing what looks like a student rig, over the tandem harness?

Theory: They wanted footage of her sitting near the open door by herself, before she was hooked up to the tandem master. So she needed her own rig for safety in case she fell out. And then once that task was done and the door closed, they removed the student rig and hooked her up to the tandem master for her jump.

The picture was taken on the tarmac! Don't think a reserve is gonna do her much good from 4 ft AGL!

I wanna know who this "Nick" guy was they kept talking about :P

I gave gummy all sorts of grief about that one.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Just some extra info.

Kari actually did two jump with me. The first was following the ice, and the second was for setup shots and exit shots. For the second jump, we flew in formation with a helicopter mounted camera. That's the one that you see the in air canopy shots and exit from. The two dives were then put together with Kari's GoPro footage to make the final edit.

All the time that Kari was near the door, she was either attached to me or had her own rig on. The camera crew also had tandem harnesses on and safety tandem instructors with them in case of a bailout situation.

We did several passes with the ice. We did some from 1000 feet for concept testing, and then went higher. The last ones we dropped from full altitude.

All of the in air filming was by Clay Bonavito, and Niklas did all the logistics. I did all the swearing, which is why they edited out all my good bits.

Here's a picture of me and Kari....Like I said, it's a tough job.

Way cool, but why were you swearing?

Did Kari fart on your junk? :D:P

Joking!

Anyway, hope you got her to sign your log-book! ;)