KermieCorleone

First Aid Kit

After having to unsuccessfully trying to find a first aid kit after I my tumble last weekend, I now see the need to have a kit of my own to keep in my car.

What do you guys keep in your house/car/on you? Any preferences and recommendations?
- Neil

Never make assumptions! That harmless rectangle could be two triangles having sex ...

Theres a bunch of pre loaded first aid kits out there that are pretty good. Im in constuction and we almost always have them on the jobsites. If you go to a medical supply shop im sure you can find one in the price range. Good luck and Blue Skies!
Wait , I pull what first?

Take a look at Galls.com for first aid kits. Suggest a 1H-TK095 which is a good basic first aid kit. It contains all of what you may want for “good road rash”. It contains CPR microshield, burn pads, MANY types of bandages, elastic bandages, triangular slings, eye pads, petroleum gauze antibiotic ointment, cold packs, space blanket, gloves, eye wash, first aid book, shears, pd cuff and stethoscope.

That will cover you for most situations. To that add (2) SAM splints $10 each for wrist or ankle damage, and several ace bandages. Add some Benadryl ($4) for allergic reactions, some glucose (tube) for low blood sugar ($3) and your golden.

Like skydiving, you can own a parachute and not know how to use it, so add an American Red Cross first aid, or first responder class. As a medic I carry additional O2, AED, neck brace, pulse oximeter, and some other thing a ma giggies that help. If you have additional skills at first aid please be sure to let manifest know when you check in, you never know when you may be able to help one of us….

It's always a good idea to ensure it has a torch (head torch is perhaps best) and something hi-viz in there too. No point having bandages if you can't see what you're doing or get hit by a passing car.

Brit-to-American translation:

Torch = Flashlight

And I fully agree that it's a good idea. Enough so that I have one on me at all times.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

*2 rolls of Kurlex
*4 to 6 packages of sterile 4x4 gauze pads
*4 to 6 packages of sterile 2x2 gauze pads
*2 Ace raps, 4 inch, 3 inch.
*2 rolls of adhesive plaster (tape) 1 inch and ½ inch
*Assortment of Band-Aids, 1”, ¾”, “H” shaped
*1 large ABD pad or a couple of Kotex pads
*Triangular bandage
*Chem. Ice bag
*Wire splint – Blow up splints fell out of favor some time ago. They tend to align the Fx and you
want to avoid and movement.
*Scissors, blunt tip
*Twisters
*Aspirin
*Salt tabs
*Tongue depressors
*Flashlight (Torch is for lighting fires)
*Pen and paper

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Nope, a flashlight is for taking photos in low light:P

Even since ancient times a torch was used to light your way in the world; giving constant illumination ... a Flash light on the other hand make no sense... seems some around here ain't so bright:P:P:P

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Even since ancient times a torch was used to light your way in the world; giving constant illumination ... a Flash light on the other hand make no sense... seems some around here ain't so bright:P:P:P
Are you sure? FIFY (nsfw)

Riiiight.

If you have a first aid kit for your car, where do you keep it?

In the boot?
That's a perfectly logical place for you to put it.
For some of us however, that would make for some mighty uncomfortable walking. :)
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo