pmadill

Class B Airspace DZ

Hey all,

I'm looking for information from any and all dropzones located beneath/inside Bravo airspace. I'm interested in starting one up and would like to get a glimpse at what kind of paperwork you have that allows you to work in a Bravo.

Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks

Think you would be setting a precedent...

I fly at one 2 miles outside the outer ring near the philly class b and the dzo had to jump through a lot of hoops to get it going.
Replying to: Re: Stall On Jump Run Emergency Procedure? by billvon

If the plane is unrecoverable then exiting is a very very good idea.

Hey all,

I'm looking for information from any and all dropzones located beneath/inside Bravo airspace. I'm interested in starting one up and would like to get a glimpse at what kind of paperwork you have that allows you to work in a Bravo.

Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks

I think there are only two in the US that actually are in Class B. The newest one is Chester, SC (Skydive Carolina). They used to be out of B, but the Class B just changed and now they are in it. I am more than familiar with the situation but can't elaborate here. PM me and I'll give you the nuts and bolts.

Burke
Irony: "the History and Trivia section hijacked by the D.B. Cooper thread"

Skydive Snohomish operates within the Seattle Class B airspace. From a pilot's perspective, the only thing different than operating anywhere else is getting a clearance once airborne to climb and descend through the Bravo. Skydive Kapowsin also operated in the Seattle Class B until their move to Shelton.

The Kansas City Skydiving Center also operated within the KC Class B. All told, it took about two months and several meetings with the FSDO and Approach Control Supervisor to get off the ground.

With a proper amount of planning and open communication with the appropriate agencies, starting a DZ inside Class B is not much more difficult than starting once outside Class B airspace.