slj678

Anybody dealt with nocek700 before or shipped to poland?

I sold my container to nocek700 and the paypal payment cleared. He lives in Poland and wants me to declare the value of the goods <$100 so he doesn't have to pay extra taxes on it when I ship it. Only problem is that I was going to put insurance on it and have to declare a value. He said he will take responsibility if anything happens but is there anything else I need to watch out for that maybe can bite me in the ass? Just wondering if anybody else has made similar arrangements or worked with him before? Thanks
"I didn't know they gave out rings at the holocaust"

Hi slj,

I've sold gear to people in Poland and this is what they have wanted everytime.

I made very sure that they understood the risks of only being able to insure it for the value declared.

They understood and I shipped as they requested.

Any loss was their responsibility.

Fortunately everything went OK everytime. :P

JerryBaumchen

He showed some interest in a reserve I was selling, but the transaction never proceeded any farther than that, so no opinion either way WRT reliability as a buyer.

I've sold several things outside the U.S. and have been asked to under-declare or list an item as a gift, but have declined. The issue isn't just a matter of taking a risk on the item being lost or damaged. The odds of getting caught are probably low, but tax evasion is a crime, as is falsifying government documents, including Customs forms.

So: is it worth it?

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan

Well I completely understand not wanting to pay a huge tax on used gear, but it just seemed like one of those things that were fishy when it came up. I am going to ship it out in the morning i guess, but I have printed out our conversation as back up in case paypal gets involved. He said he assumes the risk so I guess I will have a little faith in the system and just do it. I would just feel bad if they lost the package because that would seem like its my fault or something. I'll just give him a copy of the receipt and a tracking number and hope for the best. Thanks for the replies guys!
"I didn't know they gave out rings at the holocaust"

Hi

I'm from Poland and i do bought my parachute from nocek.

He is selling a lot of parachutes/containers here, so you should not be afraid.
Skydiving community is quite small here so his known here and it's easy to find him if anything :P
I also don't think so he would like to distroy his reputation ;)

ohh and he's policeman - if this make you feel better

Don't worry. If the package is lost that his lost, not yours since the payment was cleared.

As dragon2 sad, If people were suppose to pay add 22%+ would talk differently.

I'm also Polish, never ever dealt with the guy but heard of him good thinks. IMHO "an opinion" is priceless and easy to loose in our very small society, so you should not be worry.

if I buy anything from 2-nd hand market (outside EU) I will ask the seller to at least lower the value of the goods. It's simple, as example 22% from 1000 is 220 additional charges which is nicer than 440 from 2000, etc.

As I aware all goods declared below $100 are exempted from taxation (it is VAT) in EU.

You are not cheatting on your own state/government but on very greedy EU customs, and that's a huge difference.

Regards
Janusz

Edit:
VAT is different in different countries within the EU. Also additional charges apply such as import duty (usually about 3%).
Back to Poland... back home.

Hi everyone,

I've recently (April 4) bought a reserve from Nocek700, but the tracking number he gave me is incorrect (it's CP 003041707PL, and I tried using http://www.track-trace.com/post for tracking and the number can't be found), and he hasn't replied to a bunch of emails I sent him about this over the last 2 weeks. Reserve hasn't arrived yet (it was supposed to take 6-10 days), so I don't know what to do.

Maybe some of you know Nocek700 and can ask him what is happening? I would really appreciate your help.

-Anton