grimmie

EMS training days at Skydive Perris.

On September 26, 28 and 30 I will be hosting EMS training days with Cal Fire's Perris Battalion , AMR ambulance and Mercy Air crews.
The training will be from 0900-1200.
The same subject matter will be covered on each day. We are doing a three day course this time to ensure all three FD shifts get trained.
If you are a local SoCal jumper with medical training (Basic First Aid to MD) and would like to attend, please let me know. I have room for about 10 additional participants each day.
e-mail me at [email protected]

Some of you have asked about a training DVD. We are going to film some portions of the training and make it available to all DZ's medical teams.

The Cal Fire EMS division is going to approve CE's for this training.
It appears we will have 12 FD units and 2 Mercy Air helicopters and AMR ambulance in attendance.
The Cal Fire training division is going to film the entire training on the first day and edit it. I have asked for DVD copies so I can get them out to anyone intersted in doing a like program for your home DZ. I hope they will be available for mailing by October some time.

Thanks Kate. I'm glad you sat in with us.

I trained just over 80 Cal Fire paramedics and EMTs, plus three Mercy Air helicopter crews, on skydiver injuries, care and gear removal without cutting. We also discussed DZ policy and operations during emergencies.
I will have a DVD of the first training day to send out to anyone interested. I will have them in about three weeks.
Our next goal is to start a Basic Trauma Life Support training course for skydivers. It will be skydiver injury relevant and be about four hours. I'll let you know when we get it started. It will be open to all skydivers. The goal is to train jumpers on what to do and not do during that 10 or 15 minutes from the time of a mishap until trained EMS crews arrive.
I urge all of you to review your EMS plans at your drop zone. If you have any questions please give me a call.

If I may suggest.... In your '15 min till help arrives' class... Cover the emotional side. I have held together many jumpers till help arrived over the last 18 years, but the one that expired on me was not easy.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I trained just over 80 Cal Fire paramedics and EMTs, plus three Mercy Air helicopter crews, on skydiver injuries, care and gear removal without cutting. We also discussed DZ policy and operations during emergencies.
I will have a DVD of the first training day to send out to anyone interested. I will have them in about three weeks.
Our next goal is to start a Basic Trauma Life Support training course for skydivers. It will be skydiver injury relevant and be about four hours. I'll let you know when we get it started. It will be open to all skydivers. The goal is to train jumpers on what to do and not do during that 10 or 15 minutes from the time of a mishap until trained EMS crews arrive.

Christ, every DZ should have a Rich Grimm...

Good work Rich!!

Doug

Just got the video in yesterday. all i can say is WOW. great job Rich. Very well done and informative to the non skydiving EMS world.

Cant say it enough, THANKS, GREAT JOB!!
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

I finally have the final cut of the training DVD. Let me know if you would like a copy. Include your address and I will get them out soon. Cal Fire is making 20 of them. They'll be ready next week.

Can you upload it to YouTube? (How long is it? Maybe have to be in Multiple parts if more than an hour.)