MrLicious

Rumor Has It?

And the cycle starts again.

I think ASC, the DZ, is being unfairly attacked

And we will keep explaining why that is not true. Ben/Cary/ASC started this whole thing with shady business practices before Skyride existed and before you where around. All Skyride has done is to create a buffer and another part to the smoke and mirror game they play when someone tries to get what they paid for.

"Oh, It's not our fault, you will have to call that other company. We are just an innocent DZ, we are sorry that mean old internet company stole your money".

"It's not our fault you had to drive 6 hours to get here. Let make the best of it".

And the lies go on and on. Your song is old. Those of us who have be around know the truth and you aren't even close to it.

I can only guess that you know we are correct and you just get a kick out of coming here to stir the pot. Otherwise, well,...

ASC stands for Atlanta Skydiving Center, right?

Umm, their local page says it stands for Adventure Skydiving Connecticut. Do they have a location in Atlanta too??

:)
Dave

And they still have a web site up for Alabama Skydiving Center despite not being in Alabama any more.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

ASC stands for Atlanta Skydiving Center, right?

Umm, their local page says it stands for Adventure Skydiving Connecticut. Do they have a location in Atlanta too??

:)
Dave

I'm sure this is a repost, but it's relevant.

http://www.wfsb.com/video/21578115/index.html
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Billy, Dave, Jeff- you're making my point for me. i never condoned skyride's practice of putting up those domain names, but it is skyride. The farm consciously opted for that name on their own.

Further, my point is not that skyride is clean or justified, or that ASC is not associated with them. I've addressed those dead points numerous times. My point is that a select group that jump at a competing DZ have righteously placed themselves at the forefront of this discussion, they are instigating all this turmoil. Quite comically, I am pointing out that they are just as guilty of supporting the same practices that they are fighting against!

If i were an outsider visiting www.atlantaskydivingcenter.com I would assume I would be looking at atlanta skydiving center's homepage, while instead I am looking at the farm's.

If I were to prepay for a jump, drive to a DZ I'd never been to, and saw a sign that said "SKYDIVING, turn XXX miles ahead" I would likely head that way. Could cause some confusion, especially amongst tandems.

Again- the point is both parties are guilty, the funniest part is the crucified one is only guilty by association! The other is just yelling louder.

That's all i got for now :)

So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

Ok, tell me this, if there's an issue with The Farm having a domain such as the one listed, what business does ASC have with this domain?

http://www.skydivesaintlouis.com/

And here's another strike against your claim the two are not affiliated. (as if that been beat to hell and back)
http://www.ascskydive.com/1-800-skyride.htm
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

I don't disagree. It's a slimy practice and its disappointing to see a DZ that should know better stoop to that level. It's easy to see that people very close to skyride have the strongest opinions... and a lot of that has to do with DZ loyalty and pride.

I think it's sad to see skydivers happy to hear a DZ might get kicked off of an airport. I'd love to see the owners of that DZ go to prison and share a cell with a big man named Bubba who finds them cute, but I don't like hearing about an airport deciding that there's no place there for skydiving. I'd love to see ASC get shut down to make room for a more honest DZ to move in.

I understand that the DZ and the scam certificate business are separate. I understand that the staff and jumpers at ASC aren't literally involved in the skyride scam. You don't have to keep explaining that there's a difference. It's missing the point. The feelings against the DZ have nothing to do with the people there, they have to do with the DZ's ownership. If you choose to support the DZ, you're supporting the scam.

But honestly my problem isn't with the fun jumpers at ASC, it's with the dropzone owners that accept skyride certificates. The whole thing is in their hands, not yours.

But that won't make me stop poking fun at skyride/ASC supporters. :)
Dave

Not making any conclusions yet, (for full disclosure I am anti ASC/skyride) and was very disturbed when you brought this information to light.

Whois queries reveal the following...

Domain Services Provided By:
The TEK, LLC, [email protected]
www.thetek.com

Registrant:
The TEK, LLC
301 Pinner Weald Way
Suite 202
Cary, NC 27513
US

Registrar: DOTSTER
Domain Name: ATLANTASKYDIVINGCENTER.COM
Created on: 17-FEB-04
Expires on: 17-FEB-11
Last Updated on: 09-MAY-09

Administrative, Technical Contact:
Costa, Joey [email protected]
The TEK, LLC
301 Pinner Weald Way
Suite 202
Cary, NC 27513
US

and...

Registrant:
Hans Paulsen
1195 Grady Road
rockmart, Georgia 30153
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: SKYDIVETHEFARM.COM
Created on: 11-Nov-03
Expires on: 11-Nov-10
Last Updated on: 12-Aug-08

Administrative Contact:
Paulsen, Hans [email protected]
1195 Grady Road
rockmart, Georgia 30153
United States

Technical Contact:
Paulsen, Hans [email protected]
1195 Grady Road
rockmart, Georgia 30153
United States

So it is yet to be proven who is responsible for AtlantaSkydivingCenter.com

On a related note, 2 wrongs don't make a right no matter how big or small each wrong is.
"Damn you Gravity, you win again"

Which is one of the possibilities.

However, if this is the case I would hope that with this information brought to light that Hans would request that the owner of the site redirect the atlantaskydivingcenter.com domain to 1800skyrideripoff.com or something similar...:|

So is it real irony that out of the astronomical amount of domain names that SR owns, they don't own atlantaskydivingcenter.com? :D

"Damn you Gravity, you win again"

So is it real irony that out of the astronomical amount of domain names that SR owns, they don't own atlantaskydivingcenter.com? :D

I couldn't believe it either. :D

But Spence is right. I know the Skyrideripoff guy snapped up a whole bunch of domains to keep Cary from getting them, and he's pissing Cary off big time. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Joey is a former Carolina Sky Sports guy.

http://www.thetek.com/NewSite/Portfolio/tabid/81/Default.aspx

Looks like he designed the old The farm page.

Good catch. :)
Anybody know of a free site that will do whois historic searches?

Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Henri P. used to do it all the time at Zephyrhills, oh about 20 years ago.

Maybe more that $100.00 and for everybody, not just a few.

Joe Richards would do it every weekend at the Ranch a couple years ago....
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Imagine my surprise when I went to http://www.atlantaskydivingcenter.com and stumbled on STF's (skydive the farm) website.

:D:D:D

That's funny as hell!
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

My point is that a select group that jump at a competing DZ have righteously placed themselves at the forefront of this discussion, they are instigating all this turmoil.

Brett, I'm the one that called in the Attorney General in our state, because Skyride has "skydivingutah," "Utahskydiving" and several other skydiving sites in Utah when none of the three DZ's in our state accept Skyride coupons. They also advertise airports/DZ's in Sandy, Provo, and Logan, Utah where there are no DZ's of any kind.
Support em' if you will; that's your choice. Fine by me. But please don't say it's just folks at The Farm creating the havoc surrounding ASC and Skyride, because that just isn't so.

My point is that a select group that jump at a competing DZ have righteously placed themselves at the forefront of this discussion, they are instigating all this turmoil.

Brett, I'm the one that called in the Attorney General in our state, because Skyride has "skydivingutah," "Utahskydiving" and several other skydiving sites in Utah when none of the three DZ's in our state accept Skyride coupons. They also advertise airports/DZ's in Sandy, Provo, and Logan, Utah where there are no DZ's of any kind.
Support em' if you will; that's your choice. Fine by me. But please don't say it's just folks at The Farm creating the havoc surrounding ASC and Skyride, because that just isn't so.

DSE's right. People across the country are just starting to pick up the fight for their areas, others have been doing so for a while.

Bump…..

I get that everyone feels passionately about this subject and that the Skyride morons did a lot of very bad stuff. But I wonder what is ultimately to be gained from threads like this one?

Jaron Lanier, one of the original virtual reality pioneers, just published a book entitled “You Are Not A Gadget.” In it, he discuses what’s gone wrong with web 2.0, not the least of which are nasty exchanges online. To quote:

“I’ve also found that I can be drawn into ridiculous pissing matches online in ways that just wouldn’t happen otherwise, and I’ve never noticed any benefit. There is never a lesson learned, or a catharsis of victory or defeat. If you win anonymously, no one knows, and if you lose you just change your pseudonym and start over, without having modified your point of view one bit.”

Just something to think about.

…end bump, please continue
www.wci.nyc