MrLicious

Rumor Has It?

I received an email this weekend that stated that Skyride/ASC has lost their ability to operate at Cedartown, but even though the source is good, the email did make it clear that at this point, it was second hand information.
Can anyone verify this?

Maybe that will explain this.
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

I received an email this weekend that stated that Skyride/ASC has lost their ability to operate at Cedartown, but even though the source is good, the email did make it clear that at this point, it was second hand information.
Can anyone verify this?

Maybe that will explain this.

Wow.... just wow....

I know Chuck has a tendency to spout off inane comments, but putting an explicit threat on the web, even if in a jokingly way, was in extremely bad taste.

I don't know if that is what did them in at Cedartown, but hey, if they want to keep shooting themselves in the foot, by all means go right ahead.

As for their DZ at Waverly, word is out that the authorities forced the DZ to shut down for two weekends until the fuel bill was paid. Once it was, they re-opened, but from there on, they have to pay for fuel C.O.D. as their line of credit was yanked.

Doesn't sound like the airport's FBO, who is a staff jumper, is doing a very good job. Or could it be that he's following the same old tired cliche' that Skyride is well known for: Lie, Cheat and Steal to get whatever they want?

Yeah, they even said on Facebook that the reason the DZ was shut down was because the plane was down for repairs. Yeah, right....
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Why the hell do you guys have to pick apart everything we say? We just like to have fun, is that a crime? And Billy, our fuel bill problem is none of your bisiness and so the hell what if they put us on COD? We can still operate like that just as well as having a line of credit as you call it! Do you think Chuck is going to actually tell the staff and customers that we have a problem with a fuel bill?

bisiness

Ummm.... what's a bisiness? :)

So why was the fuel non-payment a problem to begin with?

Oh that's right, none of my bisiness. My bad. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Do you think Chuck is going to actually tell the staff and customers that we have a problem with a fuel bill?

Maybe not. But if he lied and said it was for another reason (e.g. aircraft repairs) then it's an ethical problem.
I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.

OK, I'm no Skyride friend, but that was no threat; that was just frustration. Maybe stupid, but there was a set of posts here in dz.com just a couple of days ago that was much closer to a threat (that was subsequently deleted).

That their business model sucks is a different story; telling people that the A/C is down for repairs when the problem is actually cash flow is a different story, but, again, one that people do pretty regularly in other ways (who here has NEVER put on a little flash to appear to be better off than they really were -- maybe to impress a girl?)

Skyride folks: no, I'm not coming to join you. Skyride sucks. But what's fair for the goose is fair for the gander.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

OK, I'm no Skyride friend, but that was no threat; that was just frustration. Maybe stupid, but there was a set of posts here in dz.com just a couple of days ago that was much closer to a threat (that was subsequently deleted).

That their business model sucks is a different story; telling people that the A/C is down for repairs when the problem is actually cash flow is a different story, but, again, one that people do pretty regularly in other ways (who here has NEVER put on a little flash to appear to be better off than they really were -- maybe to impress a girl?)

Skyride folks: no, I'm not coming to join you. Skyride sucks. But what's fair for the goose is fair for the gander.

Wendy P.

Don't worry, I know it was just Chuck spouting off. The Waverly authorities might feel differently. Just saying that sometimes stuff like that comes back to bite them in the ass. Things are better left said in the company of friends and not on the web.

It's just as well, I've been told they are looking for a new place to move to. :S

Why the hell do you guys have to pick apart everything we say?

Why does skyride falsely advertise DZ's that do not exist?

And Billy, our fuel bill problem is none of your bisiness and so the hell what if they put us on COD?

Well, if you can't pay your fuel bill... then maybe you should be honest in telling people thats why the DZ was closed. As for not being able to pay your fuel bill... Maybe that also means you are not doing the maintenance on the plane.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Don't worry, I know it was just Chuck spouting off. The Waverly authorities might feel differently. Just saying that sometimes stuff like that comes back to bite them in the ass. Things are better left said in the company of friends and not on the web.

It's just as well, I've been told they are looking for a new place to move to. :S

Billy, the people in Waverly love us and they don't care what we do and nobody is getting bit in the ass here.

Wendy P.

I'm not skyride folks either, I'm pro-black sheep :P

(not directed at Wendy) I still can't believe the blurred line you all impose on dropzones vs. skyride. The lack of business (bisiness?) knowledge in these forums is astounding.

I will rejoin all you Delta Bravos upon my return from Maui. If any of you are in Maui the next few days, PM me and we'll get drinks + party.

Confusing the confused since 1983

-Brett
So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

OK, I'm no Skyride friend, but that was no threat; that was just frustration.

FYI, children have been suspended and/or expelled from schools across the country for saying much less -- or even for drawing pictures that school "officials" have determined to be threatening and therefore suspension/expulsion-worthy.

Here's one.

Here's another.

And here's one more.

(BTW it took a 2-second "child suspended for drawing" search to get these.)

So while I concur that what he said was not a threat, just aggravation, don't presume to think that any public "official" is similarly rational.

B|
SCR-6933 / SCS-3463 / D-5533 / BASE 44 / CCS-37 / 82d Airborne (Ret.)

"The beginning of wisdom is to first call things by their right names."

I'm not Bill Gates by any stretch of the imagination. But, I would have a little problem paying my fuel bill if I just had a judgement against me that started at $6.6 mil and then escalated to $10.4 mil. Because, I had illegally transferred assets. The Judge in Arizona don't play. Apparently, the FBO in Waverly don't either. Just sayin.......
People are crazy. Cuz there's more of 'em.

I'm not Bill Gates by any stretch of the imagination. But, I would have a little problem paying my fuel bill if I just had a judgement against me that started at $6.6 mil and then escalated to $10.4 mil. Because, I had illegally transferred assets. The Judge in Arizona don't play. Apparently, the FBO in Waverly don't either. Just sayin.......

You are correct on all but the Waverly FBO, you may not know that when Skyride got in to Waverly, they somehow got the existing FBO to go away, I heard they bullied him in to resigning and then they got Fincher ( :o ) in as the FBO. So the correction is that the Waverly FBO does play in their favor. As for the fuel bill, Since the FBO, being Fincher, is supposed to be responsible for the fuel sales and making sure that the money is correctly handled and collected, shouldn't he be held liable for that?
Another question I have about that is, what qualifications does Jeff Fincher have that makes him qualified to run an airport? That needs to be investigated by the authorities.

:D:D:D:D

I know there are some good people that work there at ASC - it sucks for the ones that are genuine.

That said - People shouldn't do business with habitual liars and theives, they get what the have coming. Still Sux tough,[:/]

I wonder if someone tipped them off that the FAA was coming around for a check on the maintenance logs like they did with Lodi, and they shut down ops to correct them. That is just speculation, but it makes you go Hmmmmm when you consider the timing.

Maybe they can't afford any more fines anmd judgements.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

That's one way to say it, or maybe the company decided to raise the rates and he didn't want to be a sucker. figured he could save money and didn't need the billboard. If you don't need it, why pay for it? Good business.

MY point is, if this happened a couple miles up the road with the situation swapped, these forums might explode.
So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

MY point is, if this happened a couple miles up the road with the situation swapped, these forums might explode.

:D:D
OMG
Are you trying to say that Hans could possibly be in the same class of people as Skyride owners and operators?

Or are you just whining about people pickin' on ya?
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239