guineapiggie101

Need help, having doubts.

My instructors are always telling me to lighten and up and relax. It's not easy. .

When I was doing coach jumps (for the RW jumps we need signed off for an A here) I went through a phase where I would also freeze, some kind of performance anxiety. One of my coaches had a hand signal for "relax" ;) (kind of wiggling his hands). Sounds silly, but it would always make me laugh and then I would relax and do stuff right. Maybe something worth talking to your instructors about, not sure if they will feel another hand signal is a good idea at AFF level.
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

there's a lot of good advice to be given on here. Try to think not so much about the technical aspects but the love for it aspect. Tension is a big roadblock to many jumpers just starting out. I had talked with another one of our newer jumpers the other day that is having the same problem and went over a few things with him and he's feeling much better with his jumps now. Feel free to grab me and pick my brain anytime you want. You know where to find me. (I'm the dreaded packer);)

Respect comes with experience, not the size of your gear

Today was a GOOD day:D.

It was my bday. Went and did tunnel time in the morning and did my AFF 3 jump in the afternoon and finally PASSSED the darn level.B|

Now I am onto the next level. Still need to polish up on compensating for spins, but I am sooo stoked.

Canopy control was great and the landing was pretty soft.

I am enjoying myself and having a great time.

Hopefully if everything goes well, gonna try and do my next level jump this weekend.

Congratulations! :)
As a side note;

I passed stage 1-8 on the first try, no problems except for the exits which I didn't really nail. But there was another guy taking the AFF course at the same time as me, he got stuck on every level.

He was really scared and jumpy, to the extent that I actually felt more relaxed on the ride to alt just because of how wrecked he was. He messed up the jumps, couple of scary near misses, and I could actually see his instructors getting a bit nervous when on jumprun.

BUT, like you, he kept on going. I respect that alot!!
l was sh*tting bricks even though every jump went without problem. I really admire your persistence! Keep going and it's just gonna get more and more awesome! ;)

If nothing else, yes I am persistent. I did my AFF4 dive yesterday and will have to redo it again because my left leg kept dropping during the dive.

I'm ok with it now. Ive come to realize each dive is a learning experience. There is no wasted dive.;)

And I enjoy every aspect of it, the freefall and canopy ride.

The only thing I do need to work on is decreasing my radio dependence on my instructors. It's all good.