chuckakers

The Genius of USPA "Marketing"

Anheuser-Busch would sure like it if that happened!

Yes it would make their Belgian owners happy. I hear an EU company is looking at the rights to Apple Pie (but don't worry, they don't fancy your baseball)
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

No one is making you take your old sticker off your car. If you don't want the new one, throw it out.

I was only a USPA member for 14 years. If you need a few dozen of the old stickers, let me know, I've got a frickin' box of them somewhere.

Some people are not happy without something to bitch about.

You couldn't be further from right about me (implied) needing something to bitch about. I'm usually focused on constructive efforts when it comes to skydiving.

I'm just calling 'em as I see 'em.

It has nothing to do with what - if any - sticker I do or don't have on my car, but if that's all you choose to hear I can't change that.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

I gotta agree with Chuck on this one. I don't hate the new sticker, but, I don't think it will cause anyone to follow me to the next exit, gas station, whatever.

The old sticker has often in the past.

Keith

''Always do sober what you said you would do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.'' - Ernest Hemingway

>but, I don't think it will cause anyone to follow me to the next exit,
>gas station, whatever.

That's the best argument _for_ the new sticker I've seen so far!

Pay no attention to Bill, Keith. He's convinced only tandem passengers look at bumper stickers.

The very tandems that paved the financial way to turbines and air conditioned packing, by the way.:o
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

The very tandems that paved the financial way to turbines and air conditioned packing, by the way.

Yeah, right; like that's a good thing. :S Remember girls in cutoff jeans and tube tops holding tension for you? That went out because of air conditioned packing.

Hell in a handbasket.

girls in cutoff jeans and tube tops holding tension for you

Are you talking about packing? That made me think of something else.

FWIW: I always liked the old stickers. They are very easy to recognize and somewhat nostalgic. But it's time for an update. The new stickers won't be around long -- hopefully. So perhaps something new again next year. Maybe someone landing a wingsuit.

The very tandems that paved the financial way to turbines and air conditioned packing, by the way.

Yeah, right; like that's a good thing. :S Remember girls in cutoff jeans and tube tops holding tension for you? That went out because of air conditioned packing.

Hell in a handbasket.

The girls will still hold tension for ya if ya ask just right. ;)
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

I say we get the USPA to dig in their closet and bring back some of their promotional stickers from the past.

Classics such as:

"Need Air? SKYDIVE!"

or

"SKYDIVE The remedy for road rage"

Better yet

"Y2K FIX? SKYDIVE!"

And my favorite WTF,

"SKYDIVING THE SPORT OF PRESIDENTS"

Although I thought this one was kinda cute,

"SKYDIVE Because your mother told you not to"
;)

Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

>He's convinced only tandem passengers look at bumper stickers.

Hey, put whatever you like on your bumper if you want to be "followed to the next exit." I can think of a few things even more effective than skydiving stickers if that's your goal!

If the standard blue logo sticker had been included with the new sticker so the jumper could decide which sticker to display, would it have been a fair compromise?

Do you have any idea how much that'll cost?? :P

Hope they don't raise the rates too much!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

>He's convinced only tandem passengers look at bumper stickers.

Hey, put whatever you like on your bumper if you want to be "followed to the next exit." I can think of a few things even more effective than skydiving stickers if that's your goal!

Well then by all means Bill, start yourself a thread!;)
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX