KermieCorleone

Mouthguards ...

anyone jump with mouthguards? I am just about done with ~$1500 dental work to make me look pretty again and my doc recommended I get and use a good mouthguard so I am not back in her chair, I could learn not to fuck it up under canopy but I digress. Anyone jump with a mouthguard? any opinions about jumping with a mouthguard?
- Neil

Never make assumptions! That harmless rectangle could be two triangles having sex ...

i never seen anyone with a mouthguard for skydiving, but if you do get one make sure you get it from your dentist and not some 'boil and bite' POS. A good mouth guard should fit so well you forget its there. Also shop around cause prices can vary wildly from $300 to 600+

In 33 years no I've never seen anyone use a mouth guard. And $1500 isn't much in the way of dental work. Trying to sell you a high markup item?:)

The one a video man had may have been their bite switch for a still camera. Or may have aided in comfort using a chin cup strap.

I prefer to be able to hear AND yell if need be. Either in the airplane or under canopy.

And in freefall:P Whether it's lip reading or actual hearing you can made yourself understood in freefall.

So I choose a protec helmet unless I have specific need for something else.

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

I was wondering this same thing when I had an absolute slammer (my fault, opened without coming fully out of my track) and had enough whiplash to see stars and bite the hell out of my lower lip. I didn't bleed too badly but it made me consider wearing one.