pkrfce

Tandem statistics?

Thats a tough one. I know USPA requires their DZ's to report Tandem malfunctions, however I don't know whether they also require totals. Someone here should know.

You also have the non-USPA DZ's.

Good Luck
You live more in the few minutes of skydiving than many people live in their lifetime

Hi captain,

I know USPA requires their DZ's to report Tandem malfunctions,

I'm not trying to get into an argument but how do you know this?

There was in incident a few years ago in this area with a GM and, upon inquiry, USPA told me that GM's were not req'd to file reports of incidents. This particular incident was a low opening - AAD fire - two out - downplane - both people injured; guess who got injured the worst. B|

Just wondering . . .

JerryBaumchen

Don't want my thread to get hijacked. Just want to know the % of Tandems thats request video and stills.

Video is going to very quite a bit DZ to DZ. Hell, it varies quite a bit day to day at my DZ. There are days that we do 90%, then others where we do 20%. Overall for my little DZ, I'd say that it's 60 to 70%. We fly one 182, and offer only hand cam (w/GoPro Stills) these days. Also possibly of note, we do around double the video since we moved to HC. A huge percentage were put off of video since they "couldn't go with their friend."
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ