buzzfink

No more AVGAS in California?

You've GOT to be fucking kidding me...

I'll stay on the east coast... away from all the fruits, nuts and flakes in CA (the granola state)! :P

"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

This can only happen in California.

No, we're just a few years ahead of the rest of the country.

California first mandated emissions controls on cars in 1961. The Feds decided to start establishing national standards in 1965 and by 1968 Federal standards matched California's.

Roberti-Roos went after black guns in California in 1989; Clinton followed it up nationally with HR 3355 in 1994.

California is essentially a trial for what will fly in the rest of the country. Things which pass muster with 1/8 the US population will probably be tried on the other 7/8ths.

People elsewhere shouldn't be dismissing this as something that's just happening in California because if it flies here they'll be seeing it soon too.

Sure am glad I fly Turbine aircraft. ;)

co2 emissions from turbine aircraft is already on the list for alternate fuels for aviation.

Problem is there is no safe alternative for lead currently available. Most piston powered jump planes can run on car gas, if they didn't put the alcohol in it. Its really only the high compression engines that "need" the lead. The general aviation fuel industry/ system is so small compared to everything else it can't justify more than one type of fuel these days. Plus there isn't any data showing a problem, its mostly speculation. You would think fuel handlers, pilots and airport employees would exhibit some ill effects if it was a serious immediate problem.

This isn't a California issue, its global and its going to take some time to resolve. Don't sell your gear.
Replying to: Re: Stall On Jump Run Emergency Procedure? by billvon

If the plane is unrecoverable then exiting is a very very good idea.