cpoxon

"Possibility of 2nd sky-diving company in DeLand creates turbulence "

LOL. I just realized something.

There's friction at Deland becuase a Freefall Express owner doesn't get along with the other dz on site.

At the airport in MO where the two dz's don't get along, one of the operators is called Freefall Express (totally different company).

The name must be cursed.

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

search florida corporations on the govt website and then look up Blue Sky Entertainment Inc. Note the "ACTive" corporation and then check the officers etc.

Blii Richards is President and CEO. I think that whenever you get Joe, you are gonna get Billy, except maybe on Joe's home mortgage or something like that.

Foreighn Profit? I guess out of state is foreign to New Yorkers.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

:| "Foreign corporation" is a standard term for when a corporation formed in and headquartered in State A registers to do business in State B. A "domestic" corporation is a corportation formed and headquartered in the same state in which it's registered. I'm pretty sure all states use these terms in this context.

In this case, out of state is "foreign" to Florida, not New York.

http://appext9.dos.state.ny.us/corp_public/CORPSEARCH.ENTITY_INFORMATION?p_nameid=893099&p_corpid=800577&p_entity_name=blue%20sky%20entertainment&p_name_type=A&p_search_type=BEGINS&p_srch_results_page=0

ETA: oops, NYKid said it 6 minutes before I did.

Well we see how well that worked out in Zephyrhills....
:P

Looks like a two pronged attack on Florida DZs is being waged by Freefall Express. Kay Hoiby-Griep was in Zephyrhills today at the airport commission meeting trying to get permission to open another DZ on the Z-Hills airport.

JR

This strikes me as bad business all around. Doesn't this just open up the "invading" DZ's airport to anyone coming there and setting up an operation whenever they want?
U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316

>Doesn't this just open up the "invading" DZ's airport to anyone coming there and
>setting up an operation whenever they want?

Yeah. So? We had two DZ's at Spadaro's airport in New York before SLI moved. Perris has two schools on the DZ. Seems to work OK.

Doesn't this just open up the "invading" DZ's airport to anyone coming there and setting up an operation whenever they want?

in some cases that would be true, but in this case:
a) freefall express isn't a dz, it's an aircraft company
2) even if you count the Ranch as "the invading DZ" because of its close ties with FFE, the airport is privately owned by a group of ranch hands, never mind it _really_ doesn't have the room for another operation.

Landing without injury is not necessarily evidence that you didn't fuck up... it just means you got away with it this time

This strikes me as bad business all around. Doesn't this just open up the "invading" DZ's airport to anyone coming there and setting up an operation whenever they want?

Freefall Express in Gardiner, NY bought the nearby Kobelt Airport in Wallkill, NY for just that purpose. It was bought to keep a competing DZ from opening nearby.

This "invader" is after one thing by trying to open a DZ in either Deland or Z-Hills. Revenge.

Have you seen the You Tube video where the mean kid/bully gets a well deserved whipping by the fat kid?

JR

Care to post a source for that remark?

You think they bought it to run a restaurant?!
You think they bought it for those piece of crap hangars or the beat-up runway?

They bought it to keep another DZ away.

Go ask Billy, Kay, Joe, Kenny.

JR

hmmmm i don't buy your premise....:|

if the hangars are "crap", if the runway is "beat Up". then who the hell would wanna try to run a DZ outta there..in the first place.???

whether you believe it or not...... I THINK the people of FF Express are... deep down..... Aviation Enthusiasts...:PB|;)
Pilots, Skydivers AND Entrepreneurs....B|
Kobelt is near by, convenient, a place to keep a few airplanes, a place to perform maintenance..do touch and goes, train pilots.... a place to have extra space, without crowding the already busy areas @ Sand Hill Airport.... Why can't it simply be Just that easy......?:o:S

Besides, given the loyalty factor of those who frequent the ranch, and given the solidity with which the place is operated, and given the wealth of talent and the great chance to have a FUn FUN time, @ the Ranch... i'd feel that it would be foolish at best.... for ANYone to try to open any DZ at Kobelt...Jumpers there,,,, would ( if they are smart ) quickly realize, that a BETTER place,,is "just around the corner"
Can't a thriving and profitable Enterprise simple continue to grow ,( they've been around for Decades and decades...) in holdings and aircraft.. without EVERYone wanting to jump all over these accomplishments and growth.. and trying to label things which they are Not..??? lots of people sound a bit jealous,,, but what do i KNOW?????
my $.02
jmy

The operation at Spadaro's Airport involved a private club operating a Cessna 182 and a student operation run by one of the club members, also operating a Cessna 182. I flew skydivers there for 30 years and there were some conflicts. That is different then 2 big skydiving companies flying up to 5 turbine aircraft each at busy times.

Care to post a source for that remark?

You think they bought it to run a restaurant?!
You think they bought it for those piece of crap hangars or the beat-up runway?

They bought it to keep another DZ away.

Go ask Billy, Kay, Joe, Kenny.

JR

So let me see if I have this straight. You're saying that one business hoping to prevent a competing business from operating too close nearby is bad form? And though I've been jumping at the Ranch for a mere 22 years some things have managed to escape my notice. So, which skydiving operation was it that Billy stopped or tried to stop? This must have been a while ago because Billy already owned the restaurant as of maybe 10 years ago. He had been keeping some of his other aircraft there even before that. In fact, his relationship with Kopbelt goes back before my time - or damn close to it. So, I'm with Dan on this one in that it would be nice if you somehow documented your claims. Because it could be me and it could be you but me thinks it's you, stranger. You see, Billy may well be an entrepreneurial opportunist and not everybody cares for predatory business practices. But Billy is also real estate savvy and has bought up several properties in Gardiner for whatever reason he has. Which, as he and I are not partners and not best buddies, I can only speculate on. Which is all anyone here with the possible exception of TK can do. So, I don't know, back it up bub. Or at least accept that you're just guessing and really don't know.

You see, Billy may well be an entrepreneurial opportunist and not everybody cares for predatory business practices. But Billy is also real estate savvy and has bought up several properties in Gardiner for whatever reason he has. Which, as he and I are not partners and not best buddies, I can only speculate on. Which is all anyone here with the possible exception of TK can do. So, I don't know, back it up bub. Or at least accept that you're just guessing and really don't know.

Let's keep on topic. My intent was to put forth that FFX bought the nearby airport to protect themselves from any competitor should one arise. It's not an indictment.

Neither Skydive Deland nor Skydive City have similar abilities. They are subject to Billy's "predatory business practices". FFX could far more easily open up a new DZ at a number of other airports in Florida with healthy markets in towns where they would be welcomed. Instead they go after existing markets on public airports where the operation of another dropzone WILL be difficult if not unsafe and cause strife and unrest. These efforts appear to be malicious.

WHY?

Ask Billy, Joe, Kay... and let us know.

JR

[reply
Let's keep on topic. My intent was to put forth that FFX bought the nearby airport to protect themselves from any competitor should one arise.

But you are just guessing, right? You don't actually know this as a fact that can be supported - even anecdotally - do you? I'm just asking because you speak (type) without hesitation or reserve, sounding every bit like someone who does know. So I'm just wondering how you know. Could you tell us that much? Because my guess is that the airport was never bought with that specific intention as the sole and main thrust behind the purchase. It might well serve as an additional security but I don't believe that keeping any other DZ from operating nearby was what prompted the sale. And if that were the case, Billy would have to busy himself and go through his money a bit more aggressively than that because Kobelt isn't the only airport within shouting distance of the Ranch. So, I would just like to hear or see something a bit more tangible than your guessing as long as you are going to comment with an air of authority and certainty.

Who give a fuck. This has nothing to do with what is going on in Fla, and nothing good will come from any of this.

Who asked you?
1. If Billy and his habits had nothing to do with this the whole fucking thread wouldn't even exist.
2. If we keep ourselves to that which will produce only good, we wouldn't be skydiving.
3. What are you contributing that does have something to do with it and will come to any good?

Try not being such a fucking bore.