cpoxon

"Possibility of 2nd sky-diving company in DeLand creates turbulence "

Randy stepped up and earned some respect from me that day

I just wish he had done it a different way that had not resulted in a stabbing.

So you are blaming the guy for getting stabbed?

:D:D:D:D:D
Nice try.

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Words resulted in the stabbing reaction, nothing more.

..and YOUR point is?

Different words may have resulted in a different reaction, eh?
Or do you believe that the reaction would have happened regardless of words expressed?

Nobody is pointing fingers at Randy saying he caused all the mess. You guys get all defensive and miss out on a lot.

Nobody is pointing fingers at Randy saying he caused all the mess.

Ah, come on... It *IS* Randy and haven't we ALL wanted to stab him at some point. :P
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I do know some events (ZTeam for one) that were supposed to be held at ZHills were moved elsewhere due to this conflict so yes it has affected the number of jumpers visiting.

It is/was my understanding that Guy had to "honor" a contract that he has with BR to use only FFE aircraft for his events. SDC was more than happy to host the event and told him so.

JR

Words resulted in the stabbing reaction, nothing more.

..and YOUR point is?

Different words may have resulted in a different reaction, eh?
Or do you believe that the reaction would have happened regardless of words expressed?

Nobody is pointing fingers at Randy saying he caused all the mess. You guys get all defensive and miss out on a lot.

I'm not defensive at all. I was trying to figure out what your point was. I still don't know.

As for the "Ranch people aren't welcome at z-hills" anymore, I agree ...

I already posted that Ranch skydivers are welcome at Z-Hills, no one has said otherwise

Has it affected the number of people visiting zhills this year? Yes, it has.

No it has not - not sure where you get your info from, but we have done the same number of jumps, the same number of tandems, the same number of customers, etc as we have for pretty much the past 5 years.

I would also like to point out that even the Blue Sky Ranch email said Free Fall Express -v- Skydive City, not Blue Sky Ranch so there's a distinction there.

Incorrect. Bill Richards is suing Skydive City, The Sunshine Factory, Joan Murphy, Susan Perkins, and me. Freefall Express has filed two lawsuits, one against Tadpole Aviation LLC and Marko Jaakkola. Freefall Express is NOT suing Skydive City that I am aware of, and believe me, I have been directly involved with all of this since day one.

Blue Sky Ranch > BR

Guy is working at the Ranch AFAIK.

Unless it is strictly behind the scenes completely, Guy is not working at the Ranch. He may or may not have any deal with Billy regarding a relationship somewhere else, but we at the Ranch don't deal with him at all. He used to be the manager but now he only occasionally does a cameo appearance. If that is different from plans for 2011 and beyond, I don't know. But as of now, Guy is not actually officially at the Ranch. To many of us he is an organizer who has been known to come to the Ranch, and many jumpers don't even know him at all.

Just clearing up some facts so the dirt tossing can continue in good faith. Carry on.

And for what it's worth, I would rather not drag Guy into this either, he is not party to anything here. Guy may have relationships with Billy/Freefall/whatever - I hold no grudges against Guy Wright. He is also welcome at Z-Hills any time he wants to come.

I'm not defensive at all. I was trying to figure out what your point was. I still don't know.

Are you guys purposely being obtuse?

- Different words/actions may have resulted in a different reaction, eh?

Not really difficult to understand. Even a caveman can do it.
:S

I have no idea why Mark brought this into the thread (see post 122) and I have no idea why asking for clarification on his post 166 set off your misunderstanding.
Geez.

Back to the original topic, please.

You've taken every one of those quotes of mine out of context TK. It was all there in my post(s) I'm not going to re-hash it.

As for Guy, I've seem him around the DZ, didn't think much of it other than that he was around more. I don't think that has any bearing or relationship to what's going on here.

Just to clarify, I'm just a jumper at the Ranch, I have no relationship (beyond that) to any of the players here.

For clarity's sake then (normiss).

I already posted that Ranch skydivers are welcome at Z-Hills, no one has said otherwise

I was referencing the comment from the email and making the point that people will come to their own conclusions. To be more specific, to me and most of my friends, the email suggesting that we weren't welcome didn't have any affect and didn't make us think we weren't welcome.

No it has not - not sure where you get your info from, but we have done the same number of jumps, the same number of tandems, the same number of customers, etc as we have for pretty much the past 5 years.

Based on facebook traffic (that I also referred to) that I've seen, people *are* choosing not to go to Skydive City due to this drama. Your numbers may be the same TK but they may have been higher otherwise or the people choosing not to go are such a small number that it makes no difference.

Incorrect. Bill Richards is suing Skydive City, The Sunshine Factory, Joan Murphy, Susan Perkins, and me. Freefall Express has filed two lawsuits, one against Tadpole Aviation LLC and Marko Jaakkola. Freefall Express is NOT suing Skydive City that I am aware of, and believe me, I have been directly involved with all of this since day one.

The point of my comment was to say that this wasn't the Ranch -vs- Skydive City at all, TK, you've said the same thing in a different way.

I guess that I must have such poor writing skills that I have been misunderstood by more than one person throughout the length of this thread. The message is clear then.