bseriesboosted

Do not rush packing!!!!!

>Do you have an example of what you leave out when you're in a
> hurry? If so, I'd say that's a wasted move anyway . . . .

Yikes! I wouldn't assume that. You could take your canopy, roll up the lines, and stuff it unpacked into a container, and it would still open 75% of the time. But that doesn't mean that stowing lines is a wasted step.

Yep, trash packing. I know you remember that fad too. And it worked like crap. I'm saying anyone who packs like that just to make a load deserves a reserve ride. :P

I pack the same way everytime. Sometimes I just put more hustle into it. And I don't do as fussy of a job as some people do. Good is good. It's not brain surgery. :)

it depends if its my canopy or a customers as to how i pack.
On my own i just run up the left + right line sets rather than doing a full line check (because i know i didnt put any twists in when i landed) Always line check customers canopys.
I generally dont count the nose, just pull it back between my legs... wheres it gonna go - its obvious with experience if its caught or twisted.
Make sure visually that the lines on the left arent touching the ones on the right, then quater slider.
I find that it the slider that controls most of the comfort / cosmetic aspects of the opening. Then anything else canopy specific to assist opening comfort.
Then just get it in the bag and leave a good 12 - 18 inches of line before putting in container.
When packing for multiple people at once you can save lots of time by not moving around too much.
Ive got my pack job down to 2 1/2 - 3mins on my rig (when really going for it!) or consistantly 5 customers on a 20 (ie. 4way team + vid).

I think it's valid.

You do, i don't. All people have different opinions. It's really no different than saying "don't rush putting your rig on and running to the plane." I don't think it's smart to do that, but other people see no problem with it. Not everyone has to be the same ya know.

Different opinions aside, the post made a good point. Just because you landed safely rushing things and skipping steps one time (or many), doesn't mean it won't bite you in the ass another. Anyone can make a mistake when trying too hard to rush so his advice regardless of his time in the sport should be taken seriously. Complacency kills.

-A