redsun

AFF in Caboolture, Queensland

Has anyone got any experiences of skydiving at Caboolture? I've read a few reviews and checked out the website and it sounds promising. Plus I am about 10mins away so it would be perfect for me, as I've been thinking about doing the AFF for a while.

It does say though they only jump from 10,000 ft I think because of the smaller planes, do you think I would benefit more from a higher altitude?

The price also looks good but it doesn't mention anything about consol jumps, rent, videos etc.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Has anyone got any experiences of skydiving at Caboolture? I've read a few reviews and checked out the website and it sounds promising. Plus I am about 10mins away so it would be perfect for me, as I've been thinking about doing the AFF for a while.

It does say though they only jump from 10,000 ft I think because of the smaller planes, do you think I would benefit more from a higher altitude?

The price also looks good but it doesn't mention anything about consol jumps, rent, videos etc.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

You'll get a much better response from here
Skysurfer.com.au
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I haven't jumped there so I have no opinion. I have jumped at Ramblers in toogoolawa and it is one of the most fun dropzones I have ever been too and they have a Caravan, larger faster plane that goes to 14000.

take a day and go check them both out, hang out at the dz and see what ones fits you best.
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

Disclaimer: It's been about 3 years since I've jumped in Oz, so take that as you wish...

As Squeak said, you'll get a better response at skysurfer.com.au, however, if you want to do AFF in that part of the world, Ramblers at Toogoolawah is the best place to go. It's not so much about the altitude or the plane, although both of those will be better at Ramblers. It's about the atmosphere and the learning environment. Ramblers is a fun jumpers dropzone and will give you a lot better opportunity to continue developing in the sport long after you've graduated from AFF.

Caboolture does have a few fun jumpers, but my impression when I was there is that it's more about tandems. The only exception seems to be when they get a bigger plane in for a weekend. This happens on occasion. I jumped the skyvan there a few years back, but the only local jumpers I met on that weekend were staff. Everyone else I jumped with were visiting because the skyvan was there.

Caboolture does have a few fun jumpers, but my impression when I was there is that it's more about tandems..

Not sure what it was like when you were there but Caboolture does just about no tandems at all. Focus is AFF with a little S/L thrown in sometimes
I like my canopy...

...it lets me down.

Dont let the altitude that particular dropzones jumps from steer you away. I went from jumping at a big dropzone from 14K to a very small dropzone jumping at 10K for my AFF course. I left the other dropzone for 2 reasons. #1 was that particular dropzone was quite tandem focused, and it took me weeks of calling just to get a appointment. #2 was that the dropzone I'm now doing my AFF course with (10K) is a extremely knowledgable group of people that are truly focused on teaching me how to skydive, not just get my license.

Caboolture does have a few fun jumpers, but my impression when I was there is that it's more about tandems..

Not sure what it was like when you were there but Caboolture does just about no tandems at all. Focus is AFF with a little S/L thrown in sometimes

Sounds like he went to Willowbank instead of Caboolture; the latter is not really known for running the Skyvan.