airtwardo

Kudos to the n00b~

Jump Run run yesterday they called back with a report...29mph winds on the ground.

The kid with 60 some jumps on our 4way looked at me, popped off his helmet and said "I'm not going it's over my limits".

No questions no comments no heehawing around he walked back behind the Tandems and sat down...gotta love a youngster that plays the game smart.

Been watching this kid for a while, he's gotta good head and some talent...he's gonna go far! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I went to a new dropzone for the first time where i knew no one and they didnt know me. they gave me a safety breif and put me on a load. As i was sitting there watching the winds i didnt like what i saw so i pulled myself off the load. i waited a few hours but i was able to get a couple of jumps in at the end of the day.
Wait , I pull what first?

just out of curiosity what were the winds when yall took off?

They were up & down all day, I didn't check at T.O. but I'd guess mid to high teens.

teens at that age are the best! :P
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Give him a slap on the back and a tip o' the hat from me, too.

Ask him to bottle that "smarts" and send me a gallon. We could use it.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Jump Run run yesterday they called back with a report...29mph winds on the ground.

The kid with 60 some jumps on our 4way looked at me, popped off his helmet and said "I'm not going it's over my limits".

No questions no comments no heehawing around he walked back behind the Tandems and sat down...gotta love a youngster that plays the game smart.

Been watching this kid for a while, he's gotta good head and some talent...he's gonna go far! B|

Good call. Pass along an attaboy for me, Twardo.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Good call. Pass along an attaboy for me, Twardo.

Agreed; and I'm glad to see it's finally got that way. Time was, back in the day, when a relative noob who rode the plane back down because the winds picked up, or the cloud cover would only get us up to about 1,800, would get all sorts of shit for doing that. Nowadays, they call that "a good call", and "attaboy". Hey, that's progress.

He's smarter than I was at that stage! Yeah, I once jumped when winds were howling, only because others were going up. Ended up going 20 mph backwards facing the wind! :o:S Had to turn 180 after missing the DZ just to make it to the other side of the forest, and then 180'ed myself into the ground under a Falcon 235, and I was 140 lbs naked.

I still don't know how I only got two sprained ankles. :$
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Smarter than I was at that stage, for sure.

Took me 400 jumps or so to start being brave enough to stand down B|

--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

So, Twardo, surely you went and sat your old bag of bones down behind the tandems with him? ;)

At an NPSL meet down in Iowa a couple of years back, the winds were cooking all morning. Just as the teams were boarding the plane, they announced the wind speeds were up. Everyone on the load just looked around at each other. No one said a word and reluctantly, they started to load the plane.

All of a sudden, one of the gals on the load said, It’s too windy for me", and did not board. Jumpers started falling like dominos. The plane did not fly again that weekend.

Sometimes it just takes one person with the guts to admit their limit.

Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

So, Twardo, surely you went and sat your old bag of bones down behind the tandems with him? ;)

At an NPSL meet down in Iowa a couple of years back, the winds were cooking all morning. Just as the teams were boarding the plane, they announced the wind speeds were up. Everyone on the load just looked around at each other. No one said a word and reluctantly, they started to load the plane.

All of a sudden, one of the gals on the load said, It’s too windy for me", and did not board. Jumpers started falling like dominos. The plane did not fly again that weekend.

Sometimes it just takes one person with the guts to admit their limit.

No actually I was shooting classic accuracy all day, hi-wind demo practice...never know when you will need it! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~