blue24

Do you tip your packer?

I have yet to have a sport or student cutaway, knock on wood!

+1 I was a packer for a season, and have NEVER packed more than a few line twists (I bet it was her body positon) :D

That's tandems, students and up-jumper sport rigs. Got tired of packing for peanuts:D

Don't think I ever got tipped either. >:(
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I raised my packer, paid for his college, gave him a car, room and board. I usually get free pack jobs when he's finished with all the paying customers.

Ah, that kind of packer. Remember: some day, he's the one who'll be choosing your nursing home. ;)

always, when I have cash in my pocket and it's hot out I always give the packers (pay it foward) $10 for a $7 pack job. It is a $100 day when i go to the DZ so for a few extra bucks to the packers, it's worth it to me, furthermore these kids work hard all day so an extra $10 bucks won't make or break me

They're $6 at skydive chicago but I usually make it 7 or more. If he does it twice I pay $15. Three times probably $25. Four maybe 30 or a lil more?

I just round up. If he's fast, nice, gets the packjob done in time, opens well I have no problem paying the guy a little extra to ensure my safety and time are valued.

A bit off topic, but have you guyhs ever brought a first time jumper to a tandem and tell them that you let someone pack your chute. They usually guess its like $20-50 for a pack job and are shocked when its under ten!

if you are earning money for the jump, yes.
i pay $5 per pack and $20 at the end of the day. i rarely get more than 10 jumps.

If (having been there) you are part of a 4 way team and vid, and one of you doesn't stow brakes slider pc... you are asking for a malfunction.

if you do a training camp somewhere with a windtunnel and you have a day off in the middle pay and tip for the first half. before your day off.

Pay and tip your packers. Most of the time they only wanna jump.

I always do. Usually a dollar a pack job. Always get nice openings and I noticed my rig usually gets priority. Sometimes I throw in $5.00 on top of that.
I even tip my rigger on repacks too. The first time I told my rigger to just add $15.00 to the bill. You should have seen the look I got..Totally surprised but extremely gratefull. But this rigger is always willing to help with an equipment question or issue and does minor things and won't charge for some things that I would expect some kind of small cost associated with it. So tip? Hell yeah:)

No tip = Rubber band around the slider ;)

I thought no tip just made it a rubber band around the penis?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message