blue24

What caused your malfunction?

Packer didn't cock my pilot chute :|

that's not what caused it.
Man up

YOU didnt check that your PC was cocked.. YOU failed in your gear check.
Operator error
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I had 3:

Slow Speed (1988) - tangled steering line

CrW Wrap (1990 ish)- Karl 'said' his steering line got caught in his finger right before he wrapped me from the side. It was fun.

High speed (2005 ish, maybe?)- afterwards found a slip knot in the bridle that caught the PC a bit - if it was there during the mal, it explains it. Lazy PC snatch due to partial inflation.

short answer - I pack fast, but try to keep my bridle and lines stows neat

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I don't have any pictures. Basically tried making a very short call and packed in a rush. The dumb part is I didn't get to jump on that load due to clouds and waited a week to jump this pack job:S

The first 3 stows came out but i had the lines from one group caught through another stow next to it. It made a nice little knot. It probably didn't help that my pc was worn some and I was doing a hop n pop.

1) Packing - pressure knots + torn center cell after hard opening from a packer
2) Packing - lineover - my packing :$
3) Packing - Baglock or streamer or something (not game enough to look)
4) Operator - was sore from premi on previous jump, lazy throw, PC hesitation, got off too quick.
5) Equipment - 1 break refused to unlock on Tandem
6) Packing - Lineover (tandem)
7) Body position/equipment - Lent my gear to someone who forgot to do up their chest strap on a FF jump. They crossed arms on deployment - went in to head down and had instant canopy. Must have put a small hole in it (I inspected it and couldn't see it) but when I jumped it next, tore a 3 foot hole in the top skin.