Bushkey

So, how far do you drive?

40 minutes from my bed to Skydive AZ;)

26 hours flight time to LAX then 2 hours to PHX, then the 1.5 hrs drive to Eloy.. so that's what....

[B]
WORTHIT[/B]B|B|B|B|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I drive 250 miles to the closest dz. (one way:) that is almost exactly 3:45 each way not to mention the cost of gas plus the cost of skydiving. the last drive I made out was weathered out....but it was borderline, I stayed at the dz during the weekend, and made sure the winds didn't level off...but let me tell you, it was borderline and was a difficult decision not to jump :( but better to live to jump another day, can't let the drive influence my safety margins.
-jess

"A man only gets in life what he is believing for, nothing more and nothing less" Kenneth Hagen

2 hrs 30 mins to the DZ I usually frequent. But there's also a time change so realistically it's 3 hrs 30 mins when you're trying to make an a.m. start time. B|
Gotto love getting up at 4:30 a.m. to make a dz 9 a.m. start time...

I will be kissing hands and shaking babies all afternoon. Thanks for all your support! *bows*

SCS #8251

Thanks every one. I found it quite interesting. I am happy to see I am not the only one doing some traveling :)
To those "7-minute-traveling-guys", you are very luck and fortunate indeed. Enjoy.

here is the plan from home to DZ :)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

use to be 45 mins but now is about 3 hours 278miles round trip to the nearest turbine dz :)

it's almost quicker to go to Empuria;)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Thanks every one. I found it quite interesting. I am happy to see I am not the only one doing some traveling :)
To those "7-minute-traveling-guys", you are very luck and fortunate indeed. Enjoy.

here is the plan from home to DZ :)
:D:D Do you drive to the DZ drunk :D:D
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I drive up to Fort Worth and stay there for the night, which is 2.5 hrs. Then I drive the next day to the Skydive Dallas, which is another 1.5 hrs. I thought that was bad until I met another jumper there who drives from Louisiana to Skydive Dallas. Yikes!
http://3ringnecklace.com/

I am curious. How far do you generally drive to get to your closest DZ?

My closest DZ is 250km from home, there is however no guaranties that they are operational when I get there, they weren't the last three months. This forced me to travel to other DZ's and they are all between 400 and 480km from home.

Make me jealous ;) or share in my pain [:/]

Drive? I have an airplane.

It is 5 miles from my door to the cockpit.