Bushkey

So, how far do you drive?

the club, of which i'm a member is exactly 72 miles west of my home.
Another great DZ, of which i am a welcome visitor is exactly 72 miles east of my home...
Great views at each...

another DZ is about 40 miles from me, and i like the people who jump there, but care Not .... for the Dzo, so never Buy skydives from him...:|

OH, i can and DO.. drive 5 hours and 300 miles, all but 10 of which, is on 65 MPH highway.. to get to
a place which really has it ALL....including people, energy, facilities, and
AIRCRAFT!!!! times FIVE !!!
The drive there, is always quick and easy.... Not so much, the return trip.... but the drive home IS always full of great memories of fun jumps made the previous days.

jmy

During this Summer I have a 240 mile drive which is just under 4 hours give or take.

During the winter to jump I had a 891 mile each way trip once or twice a month which took me 8 hours door to door ;)

It's worth it to jump at a good DZ with good people.

167km (104miles) – around 2h driving to the only decent DZ in my state (we have 3).
I would be happy to drive that if I could jump but the DZ is down because the pilot quit and they can’t find someone capable of flying a Cessna195.:S
Only 1 wind tunnel 800 miles away without freefly option and the cheapest ticket in the country at almost $60!!
It is impossible to get current here, if I was in US I could be easily making 500 jumps/year
Hope my suffering makes you feel better:D

Engineering Law #5: The most vital dimension on any plan drawing stands the most chance of being omitted