RUN_FMX

Another KKrew Scam :)

I didn't make a single post in all the other 'Kkrew screwed me' threads because I guess I was still hoping that maybe, just maybe, if I kept my mouth shut Gary might just surprise me and a rig might just show up on my doorstep one day. Seeing as it's now been over 6 months, I think I can safely say I've been slightly let down :)
What am I gunna achieve by whinging on here? Nothing really. Guess im just hoping for sympathy more than anything.

Around Xmas time i finally became annoyed enough with renting student rigs, and I was starting to jump enough, to justify buying my own rig. I sure as hell couldnt afford it though. So I talked nicely to my bank, told them my hopes and dreams and organised a $4000 loan. Money in the bank, I just needed to find a rig. The money sat there for weeks while I hunted daily. Kate at SkydiveZone here in NZ was (and still is) AMAZING to deal with, but unfortunately she just didnt have anything to suit me. Summer jumping season was in full swing and i had a week booked off work specifically to jump so out of sheer desperation I started looking abroad. Enter Karnage Krew.

Last year I had spent around $1000 with Gary getting helmet, goggles, alti, dytter etc etc and he was nothing short of brilliant to deal with. Discounted prices, quick replies, good delivery times, all round great service. So when Gary emailed me saying ' I have the perfect rig sitting right here in my office for you. Its worth way more than $4000 but if thats all you got I'll look after you and hook you up, just transfer me the money' I didnt hesitate at all. Money was in his bank the next day. 'Great' says Gary, 'You'll have the rig by the weekend.'

The weekend comes. Nothing. The next week comes and goes. Nothing. A quick email to Gary 'Any idea how far away my rig is bro? I have a week off work next week to jump...' His reply: 'Sorry man I havent sent it yet, an even nicer rig is being sent back to me as we speak so I figured you wouldnt mind waiting a bit longer to get a newer rig'. Sounded good to me, what a nice guy. Waited a few more weeks (wasted my week off work). Another email to Gary: 'Come on dude its getting a bit silly, any update?'. His replies start taking longer and longer and the excuses get wilder and less believable. I wont clog up the forums with all his excuses but have email records of all of them for anyone interested. He even dragged a Nitro Circus crew member name into the excuses. I had a bit to do with Nitro Circus over here so asked the athlete, he had no idea what I was talking about but informed me he'd been ripped off by Gary recently also.

Eventually his emails stop completely. He wont answer his cell phone. His shop phone stopped being answered by anyone. His facebook page disappears. His website goes offline. Threads start emerging on here about others in the same boat.

In the mean time we get hit with the earthquake here in Christchurch. I lose my house, I lose my job, and I find out im about to become a dad (amazing news but bad timing!). I play the sympathy card with Gary. Nothing.

Bottom line: I lose $4000, ill be paying the bank back for another year, I still have to rent crappy student gear and explain to my beautiful girlfriend and mother of my soon to be born son that I just gave a guy $4k with nothing to show for it.

Im still jumping, Im still in love with Skydiving. Im just really, really bummed on it. Im just a dude who wants to jump out of planes, ya know, I didnt want the dramas.

Anyways. Chute happens.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest B|

Steve
www.runfmx.co.nz

jeez your story has everything....extreme sports, lies, deceit, theft, sex(apparently), parenthood, earthquakes.....maybe sell the movie rights???

sorry your fits attempt at getting gear became a PITA. Enjoy the new arrival and maybe stay mainstream when next you get a chance get some of your own gear.

lifes good though....you get to live in NZ
regards, Steve
the older I get...the better I was

Sounds like there has been tens of thousands in fraud...why not chip in another $200 a piece (per defrauded customer) and send this guy to the hospital; surely the scumbag is still around. Make it's worth his while.

He f*cked you man.

Jeff

why not chip in another $200 a piece (per defrauded customer) and send this guy to the hospital;

umm.. Because we're not living in the 16th century?

seriously, the macho bullshit surrounding this whole debacle that some people have disgusts me. The people that post shit like this are just as pathetic as Gary is.

You've been fucked. Sorry about that. It happens - been there, done that. Pursue the SOB to the limits of the law. Go vigiliante or hire people for physical vengance and I hope the law pursues you as well, and I bet you'll come off worse. The evidence in these posts should help...

Rant over.

Congrats on the new arrival! B| Focus on the awesomeness of that!

I gotta say I agree with you Yoink.

I would get no pleasure from seeing Gary in a hospital bed. I wouldn't even get pleasure from seeing him in a jail cell

I just want to jump out of planes. It would be really cool to do that with my own gear, seeing as how I've paid for that privilege in full. It would also be cool to have $4000 to spend on nappies and baby clothes.

Whatever Gary is doing, I don't imagine he's having too much fun with my $4k.

I know there's people even worse off than me, and my heart goes out to them...

why not chip in another $200 a piece (per defrauded customer) and send this guy to the hospital;

umm.. Because we're not living in the 16th century?

seriously, the macho bullshit surrounding this whole debacle that some people have disgusts me. The people that post shit like this are just as pathetic as Gary is.

You've been fucked. Sorry about that. It happens - been there, done that. Pursue the SOB to the limits of the law. Go vigiliante or hire people for physical vengance and I hope the law pursues you as well, and I bet you'll come off worse. The evidence in these posts should help...

Rant over.

Congrats on the new arrival! B| Focus on the awesomeness of that!

+1 And what happens if he kicks your ass?
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals