theplummeter

Boogie or busy dropzone

If you had a week off and a couple grand to blow on jumping would you go to a boogie or head to somewhere like Skydive Arizona or Spaceland to get a bunch of jumps in?

at 35 jumps i would go to a DZ with good coaching and daily jumping and get my arse coached as much as possible, if a tunnel is handy I'd throw my arse in there aswell.

35 jumps is the time to learn GOOD skills, not wait until you have developed a load of bad habits then spend money trying to correct them:ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

If you had a week off and a couple grand to blow on jumping would you go to a boogie or head to somewhere like Skydive Arizona or Spaceland to get a bunch of jumps in?

Me? I'd do something that was appropriate for me. That's probably sometime completely different than what might be appropriate for you.

If I had 35 jumps, I might consider hopping over to a DZ with a canopy control course.

As sexy as tunnel time and RW or freefly coaching might be or as fun as a crazy boogie might be, I think at a very low level of experience, a bit of canopy control might be a better place to spend the money.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

As sexy as tunnel time and RW or freefly coaching might be or as fun as a crazy boogie might be, I think at a very low level of experience, a bit of canopy control might be a better place to spend the money.

Very good thought there, quade. Everyone wants tunnel time but it's lack of canopy skills killing people.

i went to my first bogie around 35 jumps. i had a great time and wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

looking back, i am glad i made it through it. there is so much going on at a boogie, you really need to have your shit down pat. it is hard enough keeping yourself safe at your home dz where you know people and they know you.

either way have fun and be safe.
"Never grow a wishbone, where your backbone ought to be."

Many boogies tend to be a cluster-fuck in the pattern and landing area. That translates to an enhanced risk of canopy collisions. You need good skills and awareness to keep yourself reasonably safe in that environment. At 35 jumps, you might not have attained that level yet.