sundevil777

Thought we'd have a Casa, but it was not to be

Instead, we had to put up with a ride to altitude in this...

(I think there are 2 of them, not sure if it was this one)
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Turbine Caribou? How was it? Ive loadmastered 40 in a Caribous a few times. Real fun. do you get to keep it all summer?

I like tailgates, I like planes in which I can completely stand up. It was taking 44, climbing slower than a typical super otter, don't know the exact time it was taking. The climb gauge was staying just under 1k feet/min, but those probably aren't accurate? Reliable rumor says it will probably be gone after 5/15, when the super otter arrives. Very cool big bird, the flight deck floor is elevated above the cabin floor.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Thats not enough photos. We need more!! How many passes does it take to empty a load of free fliers from a Caribou? Would love to see one fly off my Ranch but in no way have the jumpers or landing area for a Caribou.

I think out of the 15 loads there were only 2-3 that needed go around and that was for the AFF jumpers. I know that they were keeping the airspeed around 100 knots on jump run. Overall it was a really nice plane that I was happy to get 6 jumps out of.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

The web seats look really comfortable.

Until your PUD/Hackey gets caught in the webbing and you stand up :|.

That is why we stress handle checks prior to exit and no unnecessary movement on the ride up, if you do move exercise care, be careful when sitting down, and most of all-watch out for your Buddies!

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

That is why we stress handle checks prior to exit and no unnecessary movement on the ride up, if you do move exercise care, be careful when sitting down, and most of all-watch out for your Buddies!

.....on every jump, regardless of the aircraft or seating arrangement.

That is why we stress handle/pin checks prior to exit and no unnecessary movement on the ride up, if you do move exercise care, be careful when sitting down, and most of all-watch out for your Buddies!

.....on every jump, regardless of the aircraft or seating arrangement.

Yes!

Matt

Instead, we had to put up with a ride to altitude in this...

(I think there are 2 of them, not sure if it was this one)

Of course there could be more. All you have to do is place your order and they’ll hang a pair of dash 67T engines and away you go.

The pic said it climbs better that a CASA by the numbers and is equal to an Otter by the numbers.

Maint may be the deal if one where to buy one for Civilian Skydiving only. But as Rampart bought it for Mil Contracts and occasional Boogie use, I think they have a good deal going.

Matt

Now we're told that we won't have even one of the Caravans for this holiday weekend. I can't even imagine how backed up the loads are going to be having to rely on this thing - shepherd/sheepherder/something or other...might have to switch dropzones if I'll have to trust such Irish produced junk.

Ya, I know, but I think Shepherd or Sheepherder will be the term of endearment I'll use. We're told it will take 34. Only about 2400 hp to turn the fans, as I said, it will have to do...

Definitely a good weekend to use earplugs. I also wonder if it has a similar happy vibe seat like the smaller Skyvan.

Shorts Sherpa (bigger than a Skyvan). I think it holds up to 30.

As we speak, we are now squeezing about 34 into it for Canada record (June 27 to July 2, Parachute Montreal http://mission100.parachutemontreal.ca.

Sitting on the floor (no benches) with seatbelt attachments to all three rails of cargo attachment points, we clearly can fit 12 skydivers deep by 3 skydivers wide, so I think 36 is the limit. Though it can get a bit tight, 36 is definitely doable. Seemed easier to fit than 24 in a Twin Otter. Didn't seem to even have difficulty taking off with what I remember is 34 with me in it, couldn't notice a difference in takeoff distance when we took off with only 18 people in the Sherpa. We are taking off from a nearby airport with an asphalt runway, instead of Parachute Montreal's grass strip.

As far as I know, it's the first time that the Sherpa Shorts 330 has been ever been flown in Canada for civilian skydiving -- but I could be wrong (please correct me). Pretty impressive jump aircraft.

The Lemays had some incredible connections to bring a Sherpa 330 up north...