Dewhast

Insurance License

I am making a trip to Germany for work and am looking to make a skydive while I’m there if time/weather allows. So far I am having trouble getting information from the contact I was given and was hoping someone on here could answer what may be a very stupid question. In the original contact it was stated I would need my log book, license, and insurance license. The first two are no problem but I am not really sure what the insurance license is. Do I just need proof of insurance, or is this another way to refer to a waiver?

When I jumped in Switzerland, they told me that I needed additional insurance because what's included in the USPA membership wasn't enough. They suggested I use a German insurance company because it was a better deal than any Swiss company.
"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

I'm pretty sure that's what it was. I didn't end up getting it because if I rented their gear, they had the insurance and I wasn't planning to jump that much while I was there, so it made more sense to pay a little extra for each jump than to get insurance.
"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

So is that just third-party private liability insurance?

Don't know about that, some places I've jumped across the pond required a MEDICAL insurance card that was valid in their country...might want to ask THEM for clarification.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Yes!
Many European DZs insist on medical insurance. Some even require you to carry medical insurance coverage that covers evacuating (air ambulance) you to your homeland.
Wise precaution if you ask me. Have you seen the inside of what pass for "hospitals" in some third world nations?