alp27

Passed AFF levels 1, 2 and 3 today :)

:)
congrats!! glad you nailed 'em and had a good time. it's always nice when they provide video debrief of student jumps too. keep us posted!!

blue ones,
R

Yeah I had a video guy jump with us on 1 and 3... Plus the affi's both videoed it.

Flared at 30foot on jump 1, heavy heavy landing - wont do that again, spot on for 2 and 3 but had line twists on jump 3 but kicked um out

Is it normal to brick it at the door? Once out I LOVE it, under canopy I LOVE it.... But when the engines cut back and the door opens I'm filled with terror. Once I push off and level out and smiling all the way down!!

I'm hoping to go back this afternoon to get a few more in :D
Everyone dies.... not everyone lives!!

Oh, yea. BTDT :)
:P Naw, just messing with you. But yes, the second that door opens and cold wind blasts and the pilot gives the cut and light is sheer terror- I always just focused on my breathing and thought happy thoughts about how awesome I was gonna feel the second I was out of that airplane!

Keep it at and keep us posted!

Oh and flare timing can take awhile to work out, esp if you are jumping different rental and student rigs with different performance, don't worry too much about it (but remember to always do it! lol).

I've heard some advice from the more experienced folks that if it becomes an ongoing issue you can have someone actually watch or video your landings and they can tell you what you might not otherwise notice that is impacting the flare. Your instructors are a great resource it sounds like, as is the SIM (free online too!)

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Oh, yea. BTDT :)
:P Naw, just messing with you. But yes, the second that door opens and cold wind blasts and the pilot gives the cut and light is sheer terror- I always just focused on my breathing and thought happy thoughts about how awesome I was gonna feel the second I was out of that airplane!

Keep it at and keep us posted!

Oh and flare timing can take awhile to work out, esp if you are jumping different rental and student rigs with different performance, don't worry too much about it (but remember to always do it! lol).

I've heard some advice from the more experienced folks that if it becomes an ongoing issue you can have someone actually watch or video your landings and they can tell you what you might not otherwise notice that is impacting the flare. Your instructors are a great resource it sounds like, as is the SIM (free online too!)

I love my instructors... hey i passed the first 3 no problem. that door is scary but the moment im out of it is heaven.

Cant beleive i flared at 30 feet tho... it was jump 1 but even so it was stupid.... my lef is still sore but i hit hard and it could have been a whole lot worse, lucky i guess

thanks for the advice :D
Everyone dies.... not everyone lives!!