Mystearica

New... Place to skydive in Michigan

Good day,

This post may seem a little different since it sounds like most people here are on the experienced side.

Always wanted to skydive - so this is my very very very first experience... I think that means it'll be a tandem jump. Silly, but I am actually quite scared! Never done bungie jumping so this is big for me and I want the right start

So My brother and I want to Skydive... and we're not sure on how to select a good place (or frankly how to look for a place... guess the internet is the first place to look for places?). But doing a quick search - most sites are vague

We are currently living in Ontario, Canada - across the border of Michigan but from my understanding Windsor has no good places to jump from so we are willing to travel more than 1 hour into Michigan to find that good place (basically 48202
Detroit zip code)

My "US" friends.. well they just think I'm crazy for even thinking about it so no help there.

Any suggestions on how to start this? I also understand there are different heights - not sure of the difference

Thanks

Heya,

THanks for the reply - thinking Tecumseh in Michigan is the way to go.

I see they have two heights - 14K and 18K... what's the difference? I did a quick search and it only mentions that the freefall jump is 90 seconds as opposed to 60 sec? Is that all the difference? Anything else is terms of experience

Thanks

I see they have two heights - 14K and 18K... what's the difference? I did a quick search and it only mentions that the freefall jump is 90 seconds as opposed to 60 sec? Is that all the difference? Anything else is terms of experience
Thanks

Well, price is different. 14,000ft-$235: 18,000ft-$350:

It would be a longer plane ride, colder when you get in the air, (at about noon on Sunday the forecast is for -10 Celsius at about 18000 ft, so a little chilly).

I would not spend the money, you are going to get a great ride from 14,000 ft (our tandem's here only go to 10,000 ft).

Seth
It's flare not flair, brakes not breaks, bridle not bridal, "could NOT care less" not "could care less".

I live in Windsor, Ontario also and while I do travel often for work and jump at several other DZ's, when Im local I jump at both Midwest Freefall and Skydive Tecumseh. Both are great DZ's. Midwest Freefall is a about 45 minutes from the bridge and Tecumseh about 1 hour.