kkeenan

Poor Tracking Skills in Europe ??

Dude. Atmo is just the FF portion of the skydive. He already said at breakoff they track (the flat way) to achieve separation.

Yeah, I know....but it's always fun to twit the atmo folks. ;)

Well congratulations. You've just derailed a perfectly good thread with your third hand opinions so you can feel smug and superior to people who've actually got a heck of a lot of skill and experience.

If I were you i'd leave the personal beefs in SC and stop trying to tell people how to skydive - you're just not qualified.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Dude. Atmo is just the FF portion of the skydive. He already said at breakoff they track (the flat way) to achieve separation.

Doesn't shooting fish in a barrel get old after a time?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Well congratulations. You've just derailed a perfectly good thread with your third hand opinions so you can feel smug and superior to people who've actually got a heck of a lot of skill and experience.

If I were you i'd leave the personal beefs in SC and stop trying to tell people how to skydive - you're just not qualified.

*yawn*

You evidently missed the several OTHER posts before mine, twitting the atmo people, one of them with several thousand jumps.

Get over yourself.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Doesn't shooting fish in a barrel get old after a time?

True, true....
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

And half-ass tracking, at that.

seeing you can give it can you take it?

Hows your tracking going these days anyway?

Just fine, thanks - but then again, it's been flatter than atmo since my AFF.

How's your atmo going...been able to get flatter than 45 degrees yet?

See THIS thread. Even the best trackers have a hard time breaking 1:1 glide ratio (which corresponds to 45 degrees). I find your comment unconvincing.

I was actually speaking of my body position, to twit rhys - your comment just makes the point even more obvious that atmo isn't all that and a bag of chips.

i think for the time being, your jumpnumbers havent changed, if any, over that period..

i managed to get 278 jumps in over that time, yet, i dont see the need to be an obvious expert like you claim to be.. have you ever had the possibility to experience different orientations than belly-to-earth in your 50!?
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

i managed to get 278 jumps in over that time, yet, i dont see the need to be an obvious expert like you claim to be..

Never made the claim to be one - jump to conclusions, much?

have you ever had the possibility to experience different orientations than belly-to-earth in your 50!?

Certainly, starting way back on my 5th or 6th jump in AFF and since then, just for fun.

But that's how we roll in the States.

Again, jump to conclusions much?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

@ Bill and rehmwa - spotting tracking skills from the ground....

:PB|:)

we have one of those guys at the DZ also - not including many of the freeflyers that seem to track like that

they tell me they do it "on purpose" to generate speed......:S

In my limited experience I have watched many freeflyers track excellent and they are often organizing fun tracking dives. all w/out booties :P
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

i managed to get 278 jumps in over that time, yet, i dont see the need to be an obvious expert like you claim to be..

have you ever had the possibility to experience different orientations than belly-to-earth in your 50!?

Certainly, starting way back on my 5th or 6th jump in AFF and since then, just for fun.

oh yes, u're the expert for separation, i read it all over here in this thread!

oh, you mean you got unstable on your AFF, yea, that's how you roll in the states..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

oh yes, u're the expert for separation, i read it all over here in this thread!

oh, you mean you got unstable on your AFF, yea, that's how you roll in the states..

Easy VB..... that's not how I roll :P

and as you know we in the States are just AWESOME... at least I am.... :D
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

This is not exact ! from 12 years I'm not using anymore the tracking technique in any phase of the flight !
The breack-off in the atmonauti flights consist in just increase the speed closing the body and reduce slowly the angle of asset (that mean increasing the angle of incidence ) before arrive at the stall ! ... easy aerodynamics concept exatelly comparable with swoop, where the hi speed of the wing , permit angle of asset very flat but still flying producing lift , because of the higerst speed . So in Atmo even in breack-off you will never go rigid with the body pushing the air as in traditional tracking.

Regarding the object of the thread , my advise is adopt more and more the technique Atmonauti since the beginning ( even in AFF ... is more easy to learn respect traditional tracking) , and assure the possibilities of fast and efficient separation in a very natural way . Are many today the skydiver that using the technique Atmonauti , they affirm is defenetelly more efficient respect traditional tracking , and the post n51 of Wendy P. is very significative !

.... Enjoy the Atmonauti possibilities

- not including many of the freeflyers that seem to track like that

they tell me they do it "on purpose" to generate speed......:S

In my limited experience I have watched many freeflyers track excellent and they are often organizing fun tracking dives. all w/out booties :P

ack, you got me on one of my thoughtless comments - even in a thread where I preach that cross training disciplines make you better all around (sheepish look here)

yeah - the good ones are really good, the bad ones are really bad. just like all the disciplines.

I won't tell the other story. It disparages the organizer who's a nice guy that just had a bloated cranium moment at the time. sorry

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

For an example of a good tracker, here is an image I believe of the fellow Ted Rudd.. looks like tracking palms up. From his videos his tracking was definitely top notch and at 45 degrees if not better.

edit: picture didn't show up the first time

Absolutely.. you can check it but it is not as easy as one may think. It's usually vibrating around a bit and quite hard to see the details. What I'm thinking about doing is just getting a chest mount alti which would be super easy to check.

Also tracking palms up rolls your shoulders forward naturally unlike palms down. It also spaces your arms farther away from your body unlike palms down.

Nice picture showing somebody use 100% the technique Atmonauti ! Thank you for post it.

Of course hi fly !

About track-pants …. See how they use (100% technique Atmonauti … check the attach) may be it was more indicate the definition atmo-pants ! No problem …. History is clear on the matter …. Watch the pictures of skydiving and base tracking before 2000 …. You will see very different positions and a complete different technique !!!

REAL HUMAN FLY ATMONAUTI …. THE SPORT OF THE THIRD MILLENNIUM !

Absolutely.. you can check it but it is not as easy as one may think. It's usually vibrating around a bit and quite hard to see the details. What I'm thinking about doing is just getting a chest mount alti which would be super easy to check.

For tracking this is a great way to wear an altimeter.

Sparky

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp55/mjosparky/Skydiving/Wingsuit.jpg

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp55/mjosparky/Skydiving/mount1.jpg
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals