Hkfanatic

Just did my AFF level one 2 wks ago doing #2 tomorrow

Hey guys, new to the forum so i thought i'd share my first jump. im doing level 2 tomorrow. i did my level one 2 weeks ago.

it went pretty well, the instructor i had at elsinore was OUTSTANDING!!!!

heres a video from my main JM's helmet cam,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0X9gPcStOE

i really REALLY messed my arch up on exit. i started to fix it a little bit towards the end of the dive. im pretty sure the only reason i fell belly to earth was the Two Awesome Gentelmen at my sides. i managed to tuck my left arm under my body when pulling the main, so hopefully in time i can improve my muscle memory. every time my wife isint home i've been practiceing my arch on the living room floor :-)

the only snaffu i had that day was a radio faliure, i had to land un assisted by the instructors. im happy that i was able to memorize the landing pattern and all of the canopy flight info my instructor gave me. i came in a bit farther from the DZ then me and my instructor had planned, i think it was due to me trying to stay over top the Dz while in flight so when i hit 1000 ft and started my downwind approach i went pretty far from the DZ before i turned left at 600ft. i also flew at 1/4 brake almost the whole time for some reason. i flared a bit early and came down somewhat hard on a half assed PLF with no injury.

all in all im happy to say that im definetly hooked :) hopefully when i do level 2 tomorrow i will be able to ace it

Congrats on your first jump, and best of luck on tomorrow's. I'm also a noobie, planning to jump my D1 next week. My first landing was also a little rough, I flared too early; and like you, I flew the whole canopy ride at 1/4 brake.

Welcome to the flock.

well i passed Level 2 Yesterday, instead of falling like a cannon ball i managed to potato chip :):) i need to relax a bit more. i also apparently fall like a lead brick. at the bottom end of the dive i was falling so fast that my instructors were fighting to stay on my sides and not fold over ontop of me.

will get video up shortly

Here is a video of my level 2 from my main JM helmet Cam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYkpIYUpNUo

We had a little bit of descrepancy in altitude readings, my reserve JM gave me the Pull Hand signal which is why i negated the wave off. i was just about to wave and pull as my alti said 5500 but apparently theirs were reading in the 4800 to 5000 range. which is why the main JM pulled for me. i guess normally i would have failed the course for a JM pull but being that he litterally pulled the pilot chute through my hand he gave me the pass. if you slow the video down you can see me grabbing around for the PVC pull handle as the chutes deploying. i was wondering to my self where the hell did that damn thing go!!! then boom the chute hit and i knew what happened.

Thanks again to my 2 Awesome instructors Mike & Johnny