jrmrangers

Skydiving after a tatto

I was wondering if there is an amount of time I should wait to jump after getting a new tattoo? Don't k ow if this is a silly question but I figure better safe than sorry!

If you are going to be dumb enough to spend jump money on a tattoo man up and jump with the same day. It’s not like getting shot.:|

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I was wondering if there is an amount of time I should wait to jump after getting a new tattoo? Don't k ow if this is a silly question but I figure better safe than sorry!

If you are going to be dumb enough to spend jump money on a tattoo man up and jump with the same day. It’s not like getting shot.:|

Sparky
:D:D:D you are so going to be disappointed when you meet me:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Actually Im getting this tattoo for free, but guans for your concern!:P

Well, you get what you pay for....
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

Sparky

THAT ship sailed! :P

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Sparky

THAT ship sailed! :P
most of those who've met me love me :):ph34r:)

Get your old bones to Eloy in December :)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Two years.

That's only if it's a picture of a naked woman. If it's a pirate's head, the wait is only 6 months. If it's a rose and the word "Mom", no jumping is allowed until she dies. If it's any female's name other than a blood relative, one can resume skydiving within a week. If it's a skull and crossbones, two days is required.

If it's skydiving related, it's probably best to wait a day or two, but if you have less than 50 jumps when you get it you MUST jump the same day.

Geez, I can't believe you people don't know this.

Do you sweat when you jump? At all? If so, wait the month for it to heal.
Otherwise, at least wait for it to dry (a week at least), and put moisturizer on it throughout the day, and apply some directly before you put your suit on, just as you would do any other activity while healing a tattoo. Just don't get it wet, and STOP FUCKING TOUCHING IT! ;)

Nobody has asked so far WHERE the tattoo is placed.

To give a drastc example: If it is what we call "Arschgeweih" (tribal-style tattoo on the small of your back, often looking like bum antlers) and you are male you shall be immediately expelled from any decent dropzone. If you are female you will be obliged to be packing chutes in hipster jeans all day long, provided your BMI is Anyway, a tattoo of that kind will prevent you from skydiving for quite some time, I suspect.

Something more serious: Depending on its location I think you should allow for 2 or 3 days at least since it's kind of a wound which should be given time to heal. I think they should tell you at the tattoo parlour about "how many days aren't I allowed to do any sports"...

The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

Depending on its location I think you should allow for 2 or 3 days at least since it's kind of a wound which should be given time to heal.

Being a fresh wound, 2 - 3 days isn't long enough to go about your day wearing non-loose clothing. No matter where the tattoo is located, you should not plan to do any real physical activity for the first week. It's just asking for a break and scab. If I were the OP's artist, I'd have to beat his ass if he went skydiving 2 - 3 days after I gave him a tattoo. Either wait a week or two to skydive, or wait until after you jump to get the tattoo.

Two years.

That's only if it's a picture of a naked woman. If it's a pirate's head, the wait is only 6 months. If it's a rose and the word "Mom", no jumping is allowed until she dies. If it's any female's name other than a blood relative, one can resume skydiving within a week. If it's a skull and crossbones, two days is required.

If it's skydiving related, it's probably best to wait a day or two, but if you have less than 50 jumps when you get it you MUST jump the same day.

Geez, I can't believe you people don't know this.

Nobody reads the SIM anymore...:S

You're probably right. (Weak defence: I wrote "at least")
I'm not much in tattooing so I just considered it's like a minor wound, just like a slight graze or something. But heck, if I spent money on a tattoo I would wait a decent time to not spoil it B|
However: The money is better spent by throwing yourself out of a plane instead of having your skin damaged by somebody :)

The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

To give a drastc example: If it is what we call "Arschgeweih" (tribal-style tattoo on the small of your back, often looking like bum antlers) and you are male you shall be immediately expelled from any decent dropzone.

We guarantee you will not be expelled from Rainbow Boogie, August 4th to 7th, 2011.
:P

Although lately, most of them are on straight girls who have also been enjoying our boogie too... (We are popular there with everyone now -- Last year, our boogie had Cross Keys' busiest day of the year!)

Sparky

Everybody should have just a little ink. ;)

Sparky

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp55/mjosparky/Skydiving/Tattoo1.jpg

Although lately, most of them are on straight girls who have also been enjoying our boogie too... (We are popular there with everyone now -- Last year, our boogie had Cross Keys' busiest day of the year!)

Wow, lots of gorgeous women, most the guys are gay . . . sounds like a target rich environment for a single guy to meet girls.

Shah, are you listening?:D

Everybody should have just a little ink.

I got no ink.

I spent it all on nipple rings.

Now I have a place to hook my front mount reserve. :)

Hope you never have to use that reserve. That would ruin your day.;)

Sparky

Everybody should have just a little ink.

I got no ink.

I spent it all on nipple rings.

Now I have a place to hook my front mount reserve. :)
PICS or i call shenanigans:ph34r:
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I got inked the night before my AFF-1. All the extra weight from the ink in my right arm caused me to turn to the right throughout the entire freefall. It's best to wait.
It's time for my nightly ritual: Pleasure myself, weep, and repeat.

I got inked the night before my AFF-1. All the extra weight from the ink in my right arm caused me to turn to the right throughout the entire freefall. It's best to wait.

Wear a watch on the other arm...geez, we gotta tell you guys EVERYTHING?! :S:P