blue24

How many jumps in a day?

My best is 48 in one day, that was 4 way training doing exits from 6000 feet from a porter. But swoop training we used to do 30 to 35 a day 3 to 4 days in a row a lot. I also did 200 in 11 days with two days of weather. Swoop training I used to pack most of them myself, or at least flake it and bag it and let someone close it. The days I did 30 the team did 35 and I packed for myself while they did 35 and got packers.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

I keep hoping Jay Stokes will comment on this thread.

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/records/travel_and_transport/air_and_sea_heroes/most_parachute_jumps_in_24_hours.aspx

My best day has consistently been 10 (with a packer).
Blue Skies, Soft Docks and Happy Landings!
CWR #23
(It's called CRW, add an e if you like, but I ain't calling it CFS. FU FAI!)

It took 16.5 hours with 40 minutes of breaks. There was about 30 seconds or less between jumps. I don't remember the specific time I ended. It was dark out.

Umm, I call Bull Shit.

Why? He used about 4 mins 42 sec per jump where as Jay Stokes used about 2 mins 15 secs per jump when he did his record. Beatnik used over twice as much time as Jay so I don't see why it couldn't be true that he did 202 jumps in 16,5 hrs.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

It took 16.5 hours with 40 minutes of breaks. There was about 30 seconds or less between jumps. I don't remember the specific time I ended. It was dark out.

Umm, I call Bull Shit.

Call bullshit on someone else. Scroll down to the bottom of attached link and check out the name. It was also witnessed by people in this thread.

http://www.cspa.ca/en/competition/canadian-records

Umm, I call Bull Shit.

Call bullshit on someone else. Scroll down to the bottom of attached link and check out the name. It was also witnessed by people in this thread.

http://www.cspa.ca/en/competition/canadian-records

Damn Spence, Looks like he got you >:(

Fire Safety Tip: Don't fry bacon while naked

please explain "30 seconds or less between jumps " does that mean from feet hitting the ground to hopping on the plane ?

And where were you getting out? 2000 ft?

Probably something like 2100'. I saw someone doing a bunch of jumps in one day, cessna took him up, he jumped, landed, ditched the rig, put on another one, repeat. Pretty fast process being the only jumper on the plane, single wide turn to get from takeoff to jump run then turn again and land.

Hell, I even packed a few of them. :)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

please explain "30 seconds or less between jumps " does that mean from feet hitting the ground to hopping on the plane ?

And where were you getting out? 2000 ft?

Probably something like 2100'. I saw someone doing a bunch of jumps in one day, cessna took him up, he jumped, landed, ditched the rig, put on another one, repeat. Pretty fast process being the only jumper on the plane, single wide turn to get from takeoff to jump run then turn again and land.

Hell, I even packed a few of them. :)

We had a guy do 100 in one day as a fund raiser. 2 182s, bunch of rigs. 2100' H&Ps. Including a couple rain delays, it took less than 10 hours. Turn around was about 5 min +/- (touchdown to touchdown).
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

The most I've ever made in a day was 8 and that was enough. It becomes work after a point.

I was present when Mike Zang made 500 jumps in 24 hours to set the record at that time. I assisted with several tasks to support him, but the most grueling sounds like the simplest. I was responsible for picking up the rig as he exited it upon landing, carrying it 20-30 yards and laying it on a tarp for others to load into the pickup that carried it back to the hangar for packing. I did that for 30-40 minutes and simply found that I couldn't do it any longer. I have no idea how Mike did what he did. I know that he was exhausted and in pain, but he kept it up until he reached the goal.

You got it. I should have defined it better originally. It was between landing and getting in for another ride up.

202 in one day all hop and pops. Next best for me is 150, again all hop and pops. I didn't pack for myself.

Was the intent to beat Steve Sutton's record--by 2 jumps--forty years later? Were Steve's jumps made under squares? I'm not sure whether square canopies existed in 1969 although Domina Jalbert definitely had the patent by then.

I'm afraid my own maximum is just five jumps in a day, although I hope to exceed that soon.
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

202 in one day all hop and pops. Next best for me is 150, again all hop and pops. I didn't pack for myself.

Was the intent to beat Steve Sutton's record--by 2 jumps--forty years later? Were Steve's jumps made under squares? I'm not sure whether square canopies existed in 1969 although Domina Jalbert definitely had the patent by then.

I'm afraid my own maximum is just five jumps in a day, although I hope to exceed that soon.

I am surprised that you know about Steve's record. The intent wasn't to beat Steve's by two jumps. The intent was to bring awareness and raise money for the charity I was doing it for and that is why I am planning on doing it again. I know I haven't done my all time best but that was the best I could do that day. I learn so much every time I do this.

A bonus of doing this many jumps was that my friend Steve called me up afterwards and welcomed me to the 200 jump club. That is something I really appreciated and enjoyed more than anything else.

Anyways Steve didn't hold the record, there were two Canadians that beat his record a few years he set it. they were George Sarson and Jean-Pierre (Pedro) Blanchette. So his record was broken long before I came around. The record categories where split into rounds and squares a while ago. Even if I wanted to I can't break their records. I can only break my own unless someone comes around and breaks it before I do.

I did 60 for my 60th birthday fund raiser for M,S, . Pissed a lot of people off that bet a $1.00 a jump that i wouldnt complete it. All from 1500 to 1800 feet as the cloud cover and high winds. Last jump we got to 2200.
I also set my own record for 16 tandems in a day at 66 ,only did 12 Satyrday.
I will be 70 in 14 months maybe try 70 for 70 for MS again.

I did 20 on the 20th anniversary of my first jump.
Then I did 50 on my 50th birthday.
For a number of years I'd go to the DZ and not stop til I'd made 10.
Now days I'm happy with between 5 and 8 a day .... ocasionally 8 to 10.
B|

86 in 21 hours, packing them all myself. Fell short of the goal, but the 96 degree day kicked my ass. Went from 5:18 pm Thurs to 2:13 pm fri. Fell behind schedule at night so I went from 1:30 am to 2:13 pm with no breaks. When I finally took a few minutes due to heat and just plain exhaustion my body wouldn't come back with me.

86 in 21 hours, packing them all myself. Fell short of the goal, but the 96 degree day kicked my ass. Went from 5:18 pm Thurs to 2:13 pm fri. Fell behind schedule at night so I went from 1:30 am to 2:13 pm with no breaks. When I finally took a few minutes due to heat and just plain exhaustion my body wouldn't come back with me.

Hard core!

What was the goal?

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I worked the Mike Zang record also. I packed for 10 hours straight (and I hate packing). I was exhausted and I can't imagine how tired Mike was.
Ryder
Take chances, just do it with all the information to make good decisions!!

Muff Brother# 2706 Dudeist Skydiver# 121.5