blue24

How many jumps in a day?

What are the most jumps you have done in one day?

Assuming the weather is good, and you are feeling well; when do you say "enough jumping for today"--
because you are getting tired, and are now concerned about jumping safely? 5, 7, 10 jumps? Do you have a limit?

I have done 22 packing for myself demo training.
I have done 20 team training with packers.

Normally, it is 12-14 when I start to notice a decrease in performance... which means I actually start decreasing around jump 10-12
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Assuming the weather is good, and you are feeling well; when do you say "enough jumping for today"-- because you are getting tired, and are now concerned about jumping safely? 5, 7, 10 jumps? Do you have a limit?

My limit is determined by my wallet.
The wallet usually goes empty before my energy.

Normally, it is 12-14 when I start to notice a decrease in performance... which means I actually start decreasing around jump 10-12

I did 22 on my 22nd birthday, packing for myself and a single Cessna 182...

I usually do around 6 - 8 a day these dayz...still packing 'em. :D

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Most I've ever done in one day is 9 jumps at a boogie and I had a packer!

No way currently I could do 9 in one day while packing for myself.....
For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp

10 during a competition, once (entire FS4 competition in one day...)
11 during training (2 tandemvideos + 2x back-to-back-to-backs). Done by 16:00, could've gone for a couple more :)
More usual is 6-8 jumps a day (mostly I do tandemvideos, have to edit them myself and within half an hour or less).

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Yeah, but you're old now..... ;)
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

We managed to do ten CRW jumps in a day, for three days, everyone packing for themselves.

One of the days we were done by 10:30 AM, and had to go back to the hotel to have a cocktail. The bars weren't open yet!

Some of these numbers are insane, though!
Jump more, post less!

Training for VFS we'd do 3-day camps 10/day, 2-rigs, packing for ourselves (done around 1pm). We tried 12/day for one camp but we were worn out for the last couple jumps and they weren't worth it.

Training for FS we'd do 2-day camps 8/day, 1-rig, packing for ourselves, and a half hour of tunnel time.

Fun jumping and screwing around I'll do between 3-8/day. I've found being tired / losing focus is as much a function of how many hours you're on the dropzone than how many jumps you've done.

8-way training we'd do 8/day on 20 minute calls. Start at 7ish, done by 2ish. I was pretty worn out by the end of those days and usually had to dig deep for jumps 6 and 7 (then jump 8 would be easier b/c the end was near), but a lot of that was that those were focused training jumps.

Most in one day is 9/day for 8-way at Nationals last year. I really wish we'd been able to do all 10 (got dark before we could get through 'em) because I was sick by the middle of the day and predicted (as it turned out, correctly) that my sinuses were going to get worse overnight. So, yeah, I was worn out that day, but being sick didn't help.

Typically, I'm a 3-5 jump/day person. I do this for fun, half the fun I have is hanging out on the ground during the day and chilling out.B|

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

What are the most jumps you have done in one day?

Assuming the weather is good, and you are feeling well; when do you say "enough jumping for today"--
because you are getting tired, and are now concerned about jumping safely? 5, 7, 10 jumps? Do you have a limit?

I keep hoping Jay Stokes will comment on this thread.