scratch69

Dropzone Politics

I don't want to namedrop here . . so this will remain strictly anonymous.

WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH THE POLITICS AT MY DZ??
I'm a fairly new jumper and I love everything about the sport, but it seems that more I hang out at my DZ, the more I find out about the politics between jumpers!!

I can't believe the BULLSHIT that goes on around the DZ regarding who hates who, who screwed who, and who is a better jumper than who. People . . . can't we all just get along?? I mean is it just me or do you not go to the DZ to get away from all the monotonous bullshit of everyday life, and to release stress. Some days I feel like certain jumpers are adding more stress to their lives by showing up to the DZ.

I put out a call to all jumpers . . . are your DZ's infested with bullshit politics, or am I just jumping at the wrong DZ??

P.S. Some of you may recognize the handle, if you read this and think that I am talking about you, you're probably right. Think about what you do mainly at the DZ. Are you there for fun, or for gossip sessions and trash talk?? Now . . . pause and reflect.

- - i was sent here to disturb the peace - -

I guess the answer is simple . . . Don't get caught up in it or just ignore it . . . I guess that truly answers my original question. My DZ really is far more screwed up than any that you all may frequent. I CAN'T IGNORE THIS CRAP PEOPLE!!!! It's all around me the whole time I'm there.

Trust me I don't get "caught up" in these politics. But . . . I do have to hear and see it all when I am there.

I guess the answer is simple . . . Don't get caught up in it or just ignore it . . . I guess that truly answers my original question. My DZ really is far more screwed up than any that you all may frequent. I CAN'T IGNORE THIS CRAP PEOPLE!!!! It's all around me the whole time I'm there.

Trust me I don't get "caught up" in these politics. But . . . I do have to hear and see it all when I am there.

It's at every DZ and heck even online at *gasp* DZ.com.

And, yes, you can ignore it. If people start talking to you about the stuff, tell them that you're there to jump and have fun and not get involved in it. Or jump at a multitude of DZ's so that you don't see the politics.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

i've seen this as well, and i asked somebody about it and they said its because alot of skydivers with many jumps have massive egos and think of themselves as "skygods"

lets face it, skydiving is very unusual.... its a (relatively) high risk activity. You get people with massive ego's gravitating towards it. When they have a few thousand jumps, their ego gets even more inflated and some people can strut around like they are gods

not all people are like this, 99% of people i've met at Langar in England are great, BUT there has been one or two (one in particular) who is an arrogant fuck who is just so "terribly bored with it all" and has "done it all and can't learn anything new" his attitude shows that. I've walked past him as i've got to the DZ and said hello and he's just ignored me before. He's got almost 10,000 jumps and i might just say to him "if you're that bored with it all, why don't you just fuck off mate" and see what he says ;)

Good call Ian . . . you English sure have a way about you . . . I would love to tell a few people to "Fuck Off Mate"

I hear you louad and clear . . . some jumpers need to be reminded about the reason why they entered the sport . . . its amazing how quickly they forget

Good call Ian . . . you English sure have a way about you . . . I would love to tell a few people to "Fuck Off Mate"

I hear you louad and clear . . . some jumpers need to be reminded about the reason why they entered the sport . . . its amazing how quickly they forget

the thing is, he's got so much that he could teach students like me.... but he doesn't really want to :S yes, to him, my questions might be stupid... but they're not stupid to me, so just humour me and give me some advice

I've heard of some politics going off, from one of my instructors. He can't stand it and all he wants to do is teach students and jump himself. He gets all the students wanting to jump with him, and we're always asking him questions.... i know who i stand next to at the bar and buy a beer for when the jumping has finished, and its not the guy wearing the World Team t-shirt :P

I hear that . . . good instructors get rewarded . . . thats for sure . . . I intend to get my instructor rating at some point, and I "VOW" right here on dropzone.com that I will NEVER become an ASSHOLE skydiver as long as I live. As soon as this sport gets boring or uneventful, I'm outta here!!

Or jump at a multitude of DZ's so that you don't see the politics.

That works if it's an activity, not if it's a lifestyle.

Unless your 'lifestyle' involves income, I'm not seeing the distinction.

You take as much crap in a leisure activity as you choose to. I don't know who's screwing who and I just don't care. I'm there to jump, right?