JohnRich

"Celebrity Close Calls"

That's the name of a TV show on the Biography channel. One of the episides I happened to catch while channel surfing features celebrity skydiver Angie Everhart.

Angie had about 250 jumps when she did a sit-fly jump, lost altitude awareness, and deployed her main at the same time that her AAD fired her reserve. She ended up with two canopies out, which went into a downplane according to her, and she "didn't know what to do". She says the downplane was just like freefall, yet she survived the landing with no injuries. She also describes how her AAD opened her reserve, but refers to it numerous times as her "RSL" instead. She clearly doesn't understand the difference between an AAD and an RSL, and for someone with 250 jumps, that's inexcusable. If she's still jumping, someone please give her some remedial training... quick!

Catch the show - you'll get a chuckle out of it.

Link: http://www.biography.com/listings/episode_details.do?episodeid=17185430&airingid=17185646

I don't think she has jumped in years. Fritz brought her out to Eloy years ago for freefly coaching, Mike Barber (RIP) pointed her out to me otherwise I would never have recognized her, no makeup etc. She was really nice and a cutie without her warpaint.

I can't find the bunny yet, you?
;)

I hadn't thought about that Playboy tradition of hiding a bunny image on the cover photo. So, aw shucks, I had to go back and examine that photo again in great detail. Darn.

Look in the strands of loose hair on the right side of her neck - I think that's it.