Jumpdude

Watch out Skydiving Community...

Just to be clear, these websties and the skyride scam are both intended for 'first timer' tandems only. Skyride has no interest in experienced jumpers.

Dave is 100% right here. Experienced consumers (regardless of market... think non-computer savvy guy trying to go on a Hawaiian vacation and booking online for the first time ever) will typically not fall for this type of marketing ploy. Unfortunately what keeps most smaller DZ's open are the inexperienced jumpers.

Isn't that a direct violation of the Ga Court Order and Tennessee Law.

Just because there is a court order and a Law doesn't mean there aren't a thousand ways around it, ESPECIALLY online, wont list the ways in case Cary is reading and give the sod ideas.

Being in the interweb industry for 8+ yrs with my company, this practice slimeride employs is prevalent in so many other markets its unbelievable (limos, travel, etc). I do SEO (google it) and every other internet related service you could think of (to only legitimate companies trying to improve placement), and I deal with this type of marketing ploy everyday. BUT it can be beaten.

DZ's need to take their online marketing more seriously, the caliber of sites that I've seen across the US is very poor to todays standards, and I've looked at pretty much every DZ website that is listed in the DZ seciton for all countries listed here.. literally hundreds. I've gotten 1 DZ so far in search engines well above any skyride listings and about to start work on another.

I just think that if DZ's marketed themselves correctly online, this skyride wouldn't become such a problem. IE fight fire with fire, they are putting slick websites out, with backlinks and seo... so should DZ's. Do what it takes to get great ranking with multiple site pages for each search engine result page and push the slimeride listings down. Now when a whuffo searches for 'skydiving x' only the legitimate DZ's pop up.

There are legitimate seo services all over the US and I would put money there are more jumping nerds like me out there that would work on a dz site for jumps to keep affordability in the picture. There's me in Ohio, and I know of a guy in Michigan that does the same for his local DZ's. Find the jumper that does seo in each state that is afflicted with the slimeride 'disease' and start pushing them down the listings into non-existence. The only reason they are so successful is because they appear on the first page of Google above the DZ's.

When a service bulletin comes out... riggers update our gear. Well here is service bulletin to DZ owners, update your sites and you can outrank skyride. The technology is out there, utilize it. They don't have a magic button they push and instantly pop above you in every listing. They employ people like me, just those that skyride employ have a lower standard of ethics.

Just my .02 ... now back to after jumping beer ;)
www.apt3studios.com
www.musicpromotiononline.com
www.internetcafegaming.com
D.S. # 4321

They are like Gremlins, but they multiply when you add crap.

I googled nashville skydiving and a whole lot more websites came up along with googling skydiving memphis.

The "above memphis skydiving". that showed up when I googled it, mapped it to be located in south memphis in an empty lot, but when I called the local number and it said it located in waverly.

What is it going to take to make them stop the lies?
>:(

j

Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Court orders are their toilet paper. Fines are the cost of doing business. Jail time would get rolled to someone else, whoever is the fall guy at the time. Laws don't apply to them.
People thought Hitler could not be stopped, but where is he now? They CAN be stopped, it's just a matter of getting the right people and the right government entity to enforce the right laws.
I'm still interested in scuba diving for these Great White Sharks that they advertise to offer in Nashville, Denver and hundreds of other US cities.:D:D:D

Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

>People thought Hitler could not be stopped, but where is he now?

Right. Unfair competition is just like killing millions of Jews.

Skyride is a slimy company, but you guys need to maintain some perspective. The best way to deal with these guys is in the courts (when they do outright illegal stuff) and by out-competing them (when they don't.) The whole comparison-to-Hitler, destroy-them-all approach is going to backfire.

If you want to kick ass, I would suggest you stop jumping at DZ's that accept skyride

I would rather be pro-active in my kicking of ass. Instead of boycotting a DZ, help them obtain a better position to outrank skyride websites so they do not have to rely on skyride to make money.

If every DZ did this then skyride would lose untold amounts of money.

As previously noted those kinds of DZ's stay open from the tandem traffic so experienced jumpers not jumping there does very little to absolutely nothing becasue skyride still makes money from the tandems.

Suing skyride takes a little bit of money from them but long term does nothing because they can just open back up in a different form under a different entity.

With my jump numbers Im not here claiming to be a skydiving expert. And with my years in the sport I may not know the whole history of skyride. But I will claim to be an expert with seo, and combating skyride style tactics in an online arena.
www.apt3studios.com
D.S. # 4321

Skyride is a slimy company, but you guys need to maintain some perspective. The best way to deal with these guys is in the courts (when they do outright illegal stuff) and by out-competing them (when they don't.) The whole comparison-to-Hitler, destroy-them-all approach is going to backfire.

I partially agree.

Court cases take a long time, can be appealed, taken to the higher court, etc, drawn out, results are very long term and there are substantial sunk costs.

Out-advertising brings near immediate results both to the DZs bottom line and to put a dent in Skyrides biz model.

Hitler - I have no clue how you can draw a parallel. Skyride are just great marketing w/o any conscience. An snake oil salesperson who moves from town to town until he gets caught and gets an asswhoopping.

I called the skydivingorlando.com phone number and got a polite lady you said it was $199 plue $99 for the video and I would either be jumping at Titusville or Mulberry.

The way to stop these is to stop the DZs from supporting them. Write or email the DZOs and get on their case. Let them know that you disapprove.

She answered the phone "American Adventures", but the website logos the American Skydiving Network and of course the URL is also just as misleading.

www.bbb.org, Skyride still gets a Failing grade.....

Apologies to anyone who might have been offended by that. It was meant to be a comparison that Hitler was trying to create a force that would last 1000 years (or however long it was). He thought he was invincible, but was proven wrong, and so will sLyride, eventually. That's what I was saying by that.

Like I said, apologies to anyone that may have been offended, that was not the intent.
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

I would rather be pro-active in my kicking of ass. Instead of boycotting a DZ, help them obtain a better position to outrank skyride websites so they do not have to rely on skyride to make money.

I wonder how much, for example, Perris or Elsinore must "rely" on taking the Skyride certificates that they apparently still do take in order to make money.

Yes, and if every DZ stopped dealing with them the problem would be solved. The DZs that do business with them suck as bad as Skyride does. Plain and simple.

You should tell the DZs you are working with that part of your deal is they quit accepting Skyride.

Yes, and if every DZ stopped dealing with them the problem would be solved.

That would work as well. Only one DZ I work with accepts skyride the other two 'home' DZ's don't. I dont really jump at the skyride dz much anymore because its not really a place to get some good fun jumps organized.

With them ceasing acceptance of sr certificates, that is just something thats part of the process, partly. In some instances now for searches, skyride doesn't show up until the second page of results due to the multiple DZ pages I had boosted up in ranking (remember when a DZ page goes up the other pages around it go down a few notches only 10 results max on the first page). So for the DZ that still accepts skyride, the amount of inexperienced jumpers buying via skyride vs buying direct from the DZ has seen about a 75% drop in the 2 years I've been handling their marketing. And the amount of skyride customers are consistently getting fewer and fewer as I diversify the key phrase reach for the DZ's in this area.

Its akin to turning the gusher of a hole in this dam, into at least a trickle. Which to me might not be a complete solution, but a step in the right direction in regard to reducing skyrides profiting/pirating off of our sport.
www.apt3studios.com
D.S. # 4321

Yes, and if every DZ stopped dealing with them the problem would be solved.

Unfortunately, I don't believe that to be true. A friend of mine runs the stock car racing experience and told me Slyrides was selling racing certificates under a different name, and they were doing it despite the fact that no racing company in the U.S. accepted their certificates and they did not have their own race track either.

Slyrides are back in full force in PA.

Check out their supposed "network of skydiving centers in the state of Pennsylvania" http://www.pennsylvania-skydiving.com/skydive/index.php?zip_value=18944 I believe the list was only 279 long this afternoon, but it grew to 555 by this evening. Yet when I called them to ask them where I could go, they only had one center in PA. How confusing! :S

According to the distances that each location lists, they have some that are less than a tenth of a mile from each other! Guess the Skies over PA are really busy these days! :S

Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Only one DZ I work with accepts skyride the other two 'home' DZ's don't.

You are participating in the problem if you work or jump at a DZ that accepts SR.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

It appears that them sLyride fuckers are at it again! But,,,, wait,,, They never stopped posting Google maps for places that don't exist in towns that don't even have a DZ anywhere near! See the attachment!
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

It appears that them sLyride fuckers are at it again! But,,,, wait,,, They never stopped posting Google maps for places that don't exist in towns that don't even have a DZ anywhere near! See the attachment!

Right next to Blue Cross/Blue Shield?

:D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban